The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 crickets....eeerlack eeeuugh!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 23/08/2011 : 00:13:34

ugh! i dont like crickets . *itches and dances round flapping* we havent had any escapees as yet! BUT is there an easy way of getting them into a feeding tub with a gecko in it? i had them on my hand!!!!! eeeer!!! lol . we had a plastic bag and had dusted them and chilled them in the fridge to slow them down , dylan doesnt appear to like them dusted only had a few , whereas he had loads of undusted ones the other day . we are feeding the cricets cucumber dusted with calcium also .

another note , little charlies pads arent sticky atm ? does this mean hes due to shed ??
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 26/08/2011 : 17:24:51
Young crickets shed ...when I kept them as pets ( sorry Laws!) I was once amazed to see a milk-white cricket in the faun; this was one that had just shed its old skin, not encountered a chance shower of vitamin dust ...
Laws Posted - 25/08/2011 : 00:00:25
congrats :) thats great to see! :)
Lotabob Posted - 24/08/2011 : 22:08:40

I think that is the proof I have been waiting for, I've cracked it, he seems to like it quite thick, its a pain getting the right consistency but using a syringe and a pen lid cut down into a tiny spoon I have one crestie that eats repashy/clarks. (that was 100% repashy, and the other day same result from 100% clarks.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 24/08/2011 : 16:25:04
Lol crickets can be a pain in the you know what
I don't mind graving them and throwing in the house

We also got one of these as well ;)
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/kricket-keeper.html
n/a Posted - 24/08/2011 : 15:22:41
Casperickets LOL!

One way to pick them up without touching is to chase and corner them with a loo roll tube or smartie tube - the crickets will gladly jump into the dark 'cave', which you then transfer to crestie box, and shake crix out. If using a loo roll inner, remember to block off end - I just used my palm, but for the squeamish, you could tape some paper over.
Lotabob Posted - 23/08/2011 : 00:44:24
It likely to be shedding or just covered in calcium dust.

I just tip the cricket tub up and let a few drop into another tub with calcium dust in, give them a shake turn them into casperickets and then tip them into Harley's rub and sit back and watch him hunt them down.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000