The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 DWA Prices not so scary?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2011 : 13:04:43
Hey everyone, I was curious about the price that the DWA licence costs, I've read a lot about how it's up in the thousands and you have to pay every year.

Well I wrote to my local council and got in touch with a nice chap named Steve who informed me that the payment here is £200, it's a one off payment and no other money needs to be put forward again, however you do have to pay for the vet's bill as a vet will need to inspect your property to make sure it is suitable .

Pretty cool 'eh?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 26/09/2011 : 22:56:03
Yeah didn't think you were allowed to keep venomous in rubs either?I do like the colourful and interesting ones,Not so much the green mamba,as it just reminds me of a rough green tree snake

n/a Posted - 26/09/2011 : 22:32:37
Hey Boomslang here's your namesake ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINRkos65fE&feature=relmfu

Fascinating vid though I find his comments on the cape cobra a trifle ...well ...off. I can't make up my mind whether he is loopy or just lucky but he does have some amazing snakes and seems to know a lot; have to say vids are addictive ...
boomslang Posted - 26/09/2011 : 22:13:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I think he's a lunatic lol!

I was looking at copperheads myself lol

yeah that crossed my mind to,like bats said he's face to face with one.That can't be responsible.
Kelfezond Posted - 25/09/2011 : 11:44:38
I think he's a lunatic lol!

I was looking at copperheads myself lol
n/a Posted - 25/09/2011 : 11:35:32
Wow thanks Boomslang for posting - only just discovered this guy and hadn't seen this - quite wondrous! That Gaboon's just incredible and the vid of the taipan shedding ...amazing, as well as that guy's confidence ...I mean, how many people would go eyeball to eyeball with a Gaboon and open the viv door to hold a taipan's shed ... (For those of you who haven't seen this guy he DOES state beforehand that this sort of thing is not for the inexperienced ...) I like the way he talks to them as well; I think he must hypnotise them.
boomslang Posted - 25/09/2011 : 06:13:16
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

You ever heard that urban myth about the snake that stowed away in a car and the guy who was driving it was going along in the rain and the snake crept up out of the bonnet and waggled to and fro in front of his eyes ...you're right... it was the highly dangerous Vindscreen Viper!

lol and no :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xtJxSJz10&feature=related
n/a Posted - 24/09/2011 : 23:44:32
You ever heard that urban myth about the snake that stowed away in a car and the guy who was driving it was going along in the rain and the snake crept up out of the bonnet and waggled to and fro in front of his eyes ...you're right... it was the highly dangerous Vindscreen Viper!
boomslang Posted - 24/09/2011 : 23:12:36
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

is it me,or are the best looking snakes the venomous ones (natural ofc )

lol - same here, I would love a red spitter!! What a fab snake!!! She makes my Ziska look like a big pu$$ycat! Wish that guy in the vid would feed his snakes bigger prey though, they might not be so grumpy ...just my opinion of course ...

I like the tree viper tpyes,really pretty.
n/a Posted - 24/09/2011 : 22:38:55
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

lol - same here, I would love a red spitter!! What a fab snake!!! She makes my Ziska look like a big pu$$ycat! Wish that guy in the vid would feed his snakes bigger prey though, they might not be so grumpy ...just my opinion of course ...
boomslang Posted - 24/09/2011 : 21:47:35
n/a Posted - 24/09/2011 : 12:17:11
Here's one to start off with ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp-cCHHabvg&feature=relmfu
boomslang Posted - 23/09/2011 : 20:03:03
quote:

You have to have your property inspected by a vet, other than that i'm not really sure what else is to it

that part might push the price up found this part,

quote:
You are also required to have Public Liability insurance for £1,000,000 (not needed if you own a shot gun or fire arm!).

and some stuff about,vets not needing paperwork etc to view your home.so in other words cat and dog vet that knows nothing about reptiles.

Seems like some councils are money grabbers,so the fee can be insane,all the normal kinda uk poo No set price which is retarded,so if your local council don't want to give out dwa.they will set the price to the thousands.

Cornwall is £700 then vets fees.I just checked hehe.
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2011 : 19:45:00
You have to have your property inspected by a vet, other than that i'm not really sure what else is to it
boomslang Posted - 23/09/2011 : 19:40:22
quote:

Hey everyone, I was curious about the price that the DWA licence costs, I've read a lot about how it's up in the thousands and you have to pay every year.

Well I wrote to my local council and got in touch with a nice chap named Steve who informed me that the payment here is £200, it's a one off payment and no other money needs to be put forward again, however you do have to pay for the vet's bill as a vet will need to inspect your property to make sure it is suitable .

Pretty cool 'eh?

So you just pay your fee and all good?A course or something without any fee would be better.

Where do they then spend the funds from these licences?
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2011 : 18:22:30
My wife WAS one of those xD
GMac Posted - 23/09/2011 : 18:18:04
quote:

A silverback gorilla!

my wifes got one of those, although i have never seen it but she does refer to a gorilla in the house :D
Kelfezond Posted - 23/09/2011 : 17:13:18
A silverback gorilla!
markmifsud Posted - 23/09/2011 : 16:32:29
whats your next pet then ?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000