The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Baaad ATTITUDE!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 16:18:52
Shiloh, my caramel motley corn, arrived last Easter via courier from a good quality shop. A cb11 hatchling, she settled in well ...but would not eat. I'd had her in a rub to begin with; now I switched her to a smaller rub in the 2' viv she was destined to start life in, and just let her be for a while. She'd had a lot of change in her short life and a loss of appetite was understandable.

However, after a month with me, she still wouldn't eat, and for a tiny snake the size of a thin pencil, this was potentially dangerous. I'd researched and discovered that assist feeding was advisable under these circumstances ...but what to feed? Shiloh's head was smaller than my little fingernail. The smallest pinky looked huge in comparison. Further research suggested a piece of mouse tail, 1 or 2cm long.

I sat Shiloh on my knee and wiggled the mouse tail into her mouth. She obligingly opened her mouth, but it was still a fiddly business, due to my clumsiness ...once the piece of tail was in her mouth she wriggled and chomped on it and took it down ...cool! Something in that tiny little belly, at last!

We did this three times, every 5 days, first offering food to see if Shiloh would take unassisted. The fourth time - yay! She took a pinky, all by herself - and has never looked back.

Right now she eats two pinkies. She's still tiny, but shedding regularly and eating well. Her rub was left in the viv, lid off, and she climbed in and out of it and eventually took up residence in the viv proper. Now, every week, I go in there, spread her a 'tablecloth' of kitchen roll, tell her 'mouse time!' and before I've put the pinkies on the kitchen roll, a small head pops out from the plant mat where she likes to roost and Shiloh emerges to dine.

Last time she was a little slower. Her eyes looked cloudy although she ate as usual. Impending blue?

Today I checked out her viv for her little budgie-droppings. I lifted her piece of driftwood, and there she was. Cross!

Deep in blue, she rattled her tail and struck and bit me. Twice! Big snake now, Lil! Feisty!

Lil, don't coo at me like that! Not funny! Dangerous snake now, Lil! Baaaaad ATTITUDE!!!!

Sulking now in her mouse nest.

Adolescence eh?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/10/2011 : 18:39:18
Lol - you don't mean that ...she's just showing you how much she loves you lol!
reptilemadd Posted - 13/10/2011 : 14:27:26
LMAO I don't know about veteran yet but I do know it's going to be a long long twenty+ years if the little madam doesn't quit it lol either that or I'm goig to have a very nice snake skin belt one of these days
n/a Posted - 12/10/2011 : 18:29:03
Lol, thanks, Mark!

Ohhh dear, Reptilemadd, sounds like you've got a right one there lol!

You do realise, don't you, that the meaning of the name 'Ariadne' is 'most holy'? Except in this case your thumb is even holier ...

Sorry, couldn't resist, as one veteran of snake-tagging to another ...
reptilemadd Posted - 12/10/2011 : 17:56:15
She was Bats until last night she got that excited about her meal she shot out of her viv like a bullet out of a gun, hit it constricted and all most fell off the table her viv was on lol, then the little madam decided that whilst my hand was helping her back in that my thumb was fair game I think I'll need to put a standing order in at the chemist for a supply of savlon lmao
markmifsud Posted - 12/10/2011 : 11:27:05
hahaha, oh how I wish this forum had a THANKS/LIKE button lol
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 21:41:43
LOL - sssh, don't give them ideas - they're enough of a handful already!
Lotabob Posted - 11/10/2011 : 21:16:41
Ahh that must be H block then, where the baddest of the bad are kept.
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 20:24:56
Lol Mystra, maybe I should buy her some headphones but yes she'll be looking all innocent and ready for her mice as soon as she's shed ...glad Ariadne's behaving herself now Reptilemadd - adds a certain spice to life when they're feisty but it's good when they learn to accept you ...Ziska actually let me help with her eyecaps during the heatwave, when she shed and despite extra precautions the humidity must have been rubbish. Lol, Bob, I think I have! Shiloh's viv's on top of Ziska's - I think they've been plotting together behind my back. Or else I'm setting them a bad example!
Lotabob Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:55:11
Bats, I'm beginning to think you have some kind of reptile Borstal going on in your house.
reptilemadd Posted - 11/10/2011 : 19:00:04
Sounds like the same conversation i have with my boys lmao,oh and sorry bats no new royal for you cause my little girl has calmed down, she still tries to constrict my hand but at least she no longer chows down on it
mystra Posted - 11/10/2011 : 17:12:46
hahaha - just wait til she gets hold of a stereo and it'll be 'TURN THAT RACKET DOWN!!!!!' every night!

"but Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum......" to everything you say too haha
n/a Posted - 11/10/2011 : 16:53:38
LOL - I know - I'm expecting her to appear with tats and body piercings any moment ...seen her eyeing up my mermaid and mandala and planning something much more spectacular ...

She'll probably do one of those bottom lip piercings, and take the stud out and drink from her water bowl, close her lips, and sploosh the water out from the stud hole ...

Plus filling the viv with rowdy friends ...anyone know of a good CORNtraceptive lol ...before we have EGGS?????
mystra Posted - 11/10/2011 : 16:33:27
haha... they grow up so fast *sigh* the terrible teens are upon you!!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000