The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Pueblan Milk Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Margwar Posted - 14/10/2011 : 10:22:00
Okay, I know this would probably be better on The King Snake Forum, but this side is usually busier.
We've had our pueblan milk snake for 13 days now and it regurgitated two days ago.
I'm not overly concerned, but I just thought I would ask peoples opinions.
I'm going to use she, instead of it, because it sounds nicer :P
She's in a 9L RUB with aspen, two plant pot saucer hides (with tissue paper in to make the hides a bit more crowded) and obviously a water bowl.
She's a tiny thing at 13g on the day we got her (We haven't weighed her since)
She ate a small pinky the day we brought her, 5 days later had 2 of the small pinkies. Then on 11th I tried her with another two, she didn't seem interested, so I left one in her hide with her and she ate it. But point blank refused the second one.
I got up on 12th to check her and she'd brought it back up (I hope I never have to deal with anything bigger than a pinky, it was horrible!)
Her hot end temp is between 30-33 (Our rack seems to fluctuate a little, but oh well)
She moves happily between the two ends, before she regurged when we handled her she was active and fiesty (I have left her alone since and shall be leaving her alone for 10 days and trying her on a small pinky again)
I'm stuck for reasons as to why she's regurged, I didn't see her eat, could she have eaten it backwards and it got caught?
It's the first time we've had a snake do this, and although I'm not overly concerned, I guess a bit of re-assurance is what's needed!
As I said, I picked her up last night to move her out of the way whilst I cleaned some poop up (She was surprisingly calm) but her RUB is now covered over (Along with 3 other 'problem' snakes, although one is possibly gravid) to keep as much light out and reduce some stress. and I won't be feeding her now, or attempting to feed her now until next Friday, that gives her 10 days for her stomach to sort itself out.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
And just a new photo of her I took a little while ago.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andi Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:27:27
thought it sounded a bit like over feeding i would only give the 1 pink every 5days :o)
Margwar Posted - 14/10/2011 : 12:45:07
The reason I went to two pinkies was because we were given 5 smallish ones and 5 larger ones, but I think I'll stick to just one every 5 days until she's a fair bit bigger.
I was wondering about the shedding as I don't know when she left shed, I guess only time will tell!
GMac Posted - 14/10/2011 : 12:08:45
She is a small snake so perhaps the jump to 2 pinkies and leaving the gap between feeds to 5 days was possibly too much for her.

Is best when offering 2 prey items to increase the spacing betweeen feeds till snake gets used to the larger meals.

Leave her on one pinkie for a while to make sure she's eating fine then when you do up her meals increase the timescale between feeds.

Your setup sounds spot on but as with most snakes we dont always know why they do things, also may be coming upto a shed is another possibility.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000