The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 bosc monitor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 05:40:41
i am getting a bosc monitor hopefully at the end of the month.
have been doing loads of reaserch about them an have been chatting to a friend of a friend who has one an is going to let me come and see her's. i may be getting a little exited about this
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 16/11/2011 : 16:51:36
will definatly get a bosc when the times right. not seen many ackie's around my area yet but i have seen a 6ft common boa an viv for sale quite cheap so i may be tempted by that if they still have it next week
n/a Posted - 16/11/2011 : 11:12:44
Ah, sorry to hear, but as you say, it's best to research beforehand and get the full picture. Ackies are pretty impressive too though, beautiful looking critters. Hope you get your bosc later on.
chrisc Posted - 15/11/2011 : 06:17:44
after a lot of reaserch, carefull thinking an measuring up for the viv a bosc will need when fully grown i have decided as much a i would love a bosc i dont think im going to be able to provide the right space its goint to need or have the room to breed my own food for it so im going to wait untill ive got my own place an can provide everything it needs. but untill that time im goint to get an ackie monitor as their smaller and will give me the much needed practice/experiance in keeping a large monitor when the time comes
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 14:25:42
no had not seen that thread. cheers BATS. good thread with loads of info. has given me some good ideas for my 6x3x3 viv that i will need eventually. as it will be upstairs in my room the viv is going to be in 3 parts so it can be dismantled an moved easier
n/a Posted - 14/11/2011 : 10:43:27
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1230&SearchTerms=bosc,monitor

Congrats in advance - they are awesome. You've probably seen this thread but posting it just in case - the growth pics are incredible. Hope you get your bosc soon.
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 08:02:45
i plan on starting with a young bosc an a 3or4x2x2 viv an finishing with a 6x3x3 or an8x3x3 depending on how big it grows. it could be a nile monitor instead depending on whats about but a bosc is first choice
reptiledanny Posted - 14/11/2011 : 07:46:16
Haha ye they need a hell of a lot of space
My plan was to buy the modx vivexotic vivs (bit pricey but look great, are in the nice sizes to upgrade and would match all my other vivs) and eventually have it in a nice 9ft x 3ft x 3ft, but then with the height place at least a 3ft shelf in there so it had another level, there for creating more floor space for monitor, and having different levels of thermoregulation as well (as heat always travels to the top)
Hopefully one day when I move out, get a decent job and get my own place my little dream can come true
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 07:36:40
will do when i get him/her. got to throw out a few cupboards to make room for the viv
reptiledanny Posted - 14/11/2011 : 07:33:42
Lucky!!!
Iv always wanted a bosc, because they are so gorgeous, but at the moment do not have room for a 9ft cage in my room, and don't think parents would apreciate one downstairs either if you get one, you must post pics so I can druel over it and wait for my day to get one

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000