The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Mexican Boa

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 20/12/2011 : 15:21:44
The reptile store where I got Slinky and Gimli have a Mexican as well as many other types. There isn't a lot of info on the web, so was hoping somebody here knows :)

Hmm size, temperament mainly.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 22/12/2011 : 21:11:23
Cheers blackskull. Laws:)

Well I have him home, I posted 2 pics in the general thread..(wrong one as usual lol)
He's not exactly shy..I had him out and there was no way he was staying in his faun, he was out before I could attatch the lid so after 3 attempts..I put him back through the top hatch lol
I put my hand in the snake bag he came home in and he did't hiss or try anything..so fingers crossed..
Laws Posted - 22/12/2011 : 21:06:45
boas are ace! congrats on the new addition :)
blackskull Posted - 22/12/2011 : 07:49:04
you wont be disappointed. congrats on getting a boa
JanieW Posted - 21/12/2011 : 09:44:54
I'm sooo excited, after i'd kinda given up cos I know Steve..this morning he said "If you really want a snake you can go and get one" and this time he meant it!

So blackskull, i'm taking your advice and a Sonoran he shall be :)
n/a Posted - 20/12/2011 : 19:43:32
Hmmm....if he says 'do what you want' - then do what you want!

If you feel able to take that snake on - then go for it lol - Steve will probably be its willing slave within days and be boasting about the household boa to all comers ...when I was married I usually found that the OH took credit for all my good ideas ...bless him (still friends btw!)
JanieW Posted - 20/12/2011 : 19:16:59
Ah thanks blackskull :)

I think that's what they are then, he said twice a minature Boa..sounds like well handled too as I was told both are lovely when I asked as their temperament.
Steve said I could have one, but in that "do whatever you want tone" hmm I really do want one tho so my motto stands " Never Give Up"
blackskull Posted - 20/12/2011 : 19:06:33
i can recommend a sonoran, they are a mexican dwarf boa. they get nice and chunky but not too long, males 4-5ft females 5-6ft. mine has a great temperament but thats down to the breeder, he did a great job of handling them when they were hatched. they are gorgeous snakes, pictures don't do them justice
JanieW Posted - 20/12/2011 : 17:45:01
I phoned the shop owner and he said they are common boas..size around 7-8' when adult..I am working on hubby, but he's not outwardly saying yes just yet lol
JanieW Posted - 20/12/2011 : 16:03:51
Oh..hey Lillith, erm..would you poke him for me please..then drag him here lol
n/a Posted - 20/12/2011 : 16:01:27
I think this could well be the same as a Sonoran boa - if so, Blackskull on here has a Sonoran.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000