The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 how to spot retained eye caps??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 21/12/2011 : 22:35:11

im still tryin to deal with Lexi's first awful shed , ive tried the pillow case soaking , towel rubbin and baths and she still has shed stuck on the top of her head . i cant be sure the eye caps came off as it was such a bitty shed , how can i tell looking at her eyes if she has retained caps?

any advice on removing this last bit of shed? i upped the humidity before the shed but it still the worst shed ive ever had
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 22/12/2011 : 11:06:20
Hi Laws how you doing? Poor Lexi - she looks just like Shahi did when he last shed. I once read about someone on here always having trouble with his royal shedding because she had difficulty with shedding the skin out of her heatpits and nostrils - Shah certainly did this time and it was as if it was those that had prevented his facial skin shedding; he'd got the rest of it off by himself though it was in bits.

Yes, I've seen the scruffy eye thing, as Bob says. Her eyes look pretty clear to me. Good luck with her.
Lotabob Posted - 21/12/2011 : 23:48:56
The caps are off in those pictures if thats any help (almost certain) They get a tatty ripped look round the eyes and if its on for a long time it goes all crackled.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000