The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 WARNING SPIDER AT LARGE!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 09/01/2012 : 19:37:52
just picked up my 16 yrs old chilean rose. on the wrong substrate but will change this when i move her into a new rub. chucked the manky water bowl an put a new one with fresh water in.
shes taken a locust an is now laying some web on the floor an eating

a quick video of her laying the web( if the link works)
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee485/chrischall/?action=view¤t=IMG_1057.mp4
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/02/2012 : 10:57:09
I read a story on another forum about a shop who sold a tarantula to some guy ...who then came back and complained that it had died. The shop asked him to bring the corpse back for a refund, so the guy duly arrived with the spider's tub ...which contained a magnificent moult.

Unfortunately, thinking it was the dead spider, he'd left the top of the tub off, so tarantula was now at large in his house ...
JanieW Posted - 14/02/2012 : 01:10:03
Yeah Rob, I can imagine that..well even household spiders seek out warm, dark hiding places. From what I have read, tarantulas have no fear of us, in some cases actively seek human company.

Hmm is it the Funnelweb that often hides inside shoes and boots?
Not that a tarantula can kill, but proves that spiders do seek our presence.
I searched utube and wow there are loads of vids of them escaping, but as you said never go far..often the bed draws them.

lol I reckon i'll stick to my snakes..not overly keen on spiders, especially the sort that want to get up close ewww

I saw this video before, but still makes me chuckle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU&feature=fvwrel
Lotabob Posted - 13/02/2012 : 23:49:44
Oh yeah they escape all the time, they usually end up going where its warm, bedrooms and beds in particular are their favourite places to hide, they get right in between the sheets.
JanieW Posted - 13/02/2012 : 21:39:19
That video was great lol from watching the spider work out and got out I bet most pets spiders manage to escape at least once
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 20:43:50
Boris the spider was awesome :D
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:45:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Hahaha i've done that before, I was mid shower when I saw the scary legs of a spider coming past the end of the shower curtain! Ran out of there like a shot!

This similarity explains a lot Bats ;)

LOL I can imagine!

Needs a woman to sort the situation!

(Even if she is cooking the guy's breakfast at the same time! Still love that guy and cooked him a hell of a lot of bacon butties and sorted a hell of a lot of spiders in the bath!!! Lol!)
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:40:21
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYwSt2uxmCs

LOL - yeah, never underestimate spiders, snakes ...and ducks!

It's a bit like the old gag about the sock ...

Where is the sock?

The sock is on my foot.

But also, the sock is in my shoe ...

Socks are a lot craftier than they make out!
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:33:03
Hahaha i've done that before, I was mid shower when I saw the scary legs of a spider coming past the end of the shower curtain! Ran out of there like a shot!

This similarity explains a lot Bats ;)
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:29:03
quote:

Can't get that video on my mobile bats :(

that's an awful thing to say mine will not be escaping as I will be buying a bunch of tarantula eating lizards to share my bed.

LOL - you are just like my ex - in fact he was 23 when I met him, and the spitting image of you, complete with beard ...

Picture this huge bearded man streaking stark naked down into the kitchen - 'Lil, Lil, there's a spider in the bath!!!!!'
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 19:27:50
Bob you're a dick... :(
Lotabob Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:50:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYwSt2uxmCs
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:47:19
Can't get that video on my mobile bats :(

that's an awful thing to say mine will not be escaping as I will be buying a bunch of tarantula eating lizards to share my bed.
JanieW Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:26:37
quote:

Auuuughhh but it's going to escaaaaape!

No, but I bet yours does Kelf Question is 'when'? WEG
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:20:50
quote:

Eeewwwwwwwww just read that bit about it squeezing through small gaps. Time to rethink my homing method for the Salmon pink... I think i'm going to keep his home inside another vivarium just for safe measure lol and maybe even put the viv inside a safe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dSBWysmnM

he he he .....

Don't like the end though
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:17:50
Auuuughhh but it's going to escaaaaape!
chrisc Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:14:30
i still have not got any smaller mesh for the lid just got a plastic rub lid sitting on top for now
Kelfezond Posted - 13/02/2012 : 18:09:21
Eeewwwwwwwww just read that bit about it squeezing through small gaps. Time to rethink my homing method for the Salmon pink... I think i'm going to keep his home inside another vivarium just for safe measure lol and maybe even put the viv inside a safe...
n/a Posted - 13/02/2012 : 17:54:43
'Cause you can never trust a duck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3D6oqjT8j8 (just watch the one on the right, giggling!)

Yeah I smoke, sometimes a lot, and then get paranoid and guilty about scrubbing my hands before touching a snake or any of its belongings.

Good news that nicotine's an insecticide, bad news that snakes can't smoke, otherwise they could all light up and zap resident mites lol!

Royal pythons' fave ciggies - REGAL king size or Benny Hedges SOVEREIGNS!!!
chrisc Posted - 13/02/2012 : 17:48:09
new advise is allways good, nicotine on my hands never crossed my mind to be honest will scrub hands when i get round to holding her while sober.

Never smoke around children, animals and ducks.

why ducks separate from animals?
Lotabob Posted - 12/02/2012 : 21:02:09
I'll extend it to wash your hands regardless of whether you smoke or not before and after handling any of your exotic animals.

Nicotine is a poison to all living things. Residual nicotine on your hands or breath is very unlikely to cause any issues. Not sure about the before and after measurements of nicotine on washed hands either but it cant hurt. Never smoke around children, animals and ducks.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000