The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 More amphibians... Ribbed newt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vinny Posted - 20/01/2012 : 18:49:00
I don't if there are many people interested in amphibians on here but I find them fascinating and have a fairly good collection coming although I think this may be the last for a while.

My girlfriend works for agricultural college, she works in the animal centre where they have lots of farm animals along with a large reptile/exotics part which is where she works as a lecturer, so I get a text with this picture:

Telling me to sort out one of our rubs (we have lots of spares lying around) to house these newts, they had too many left over from this years spawn.

We have a aquarium which I will fitting out properly tonight and over weekend for them to move into but for now they are just hanging out in a rub.

Here's a couple of pics while I was putting them in there temporary accommodation. (pics not great - taken on iPhone)

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 22/01/2012 : 00:40:21
My pleasure - they're incredible and so cool! If I had space I'd get into amphibians - had chance of awesome pacman today, erm yesterday but alas all my house space is dedicated to snakes ...
Vinny Posted - 22/01/2012 : 00:25:24
I knew they had such a defensive but didn't quite know that much about it, that article is brilliant and very informative thanks for bringing it to my attention it's nice to be more educated on animals I keep!!
n/a Posted - 21/01/2012 : 19:19:20
Wow didn't realise they could do this!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8212000/8212623.stm

amazing!
reptilemadd Posted - 20/01/2012 : 21:18:01
They are ace I collected amphibians to as a kid but lost just how lovely these creatures are untill 5 years ago, so hopefully I can make up for all those wasted years lol, arrow dart frogs are top of my list when it comes to these amazing group of animals...
Vinny Posted - 20/01/2012 : 20:15:57
Yea Spanish ribbed newts.

My daughter named them (she names all our animals) marlin and tutu!!
n/a Posted - 20/01/2012 : 19:07:40
Wow! Spanish newts????

You'll have to call them Sangria, Rioja etc lol!

I adore all these critters - have memories of being a kid in late 50s/early 60s and catching frogs toads and newts locally (we shouldn't have been allowed I know - no awareness of ecology in those days.)

Congrats on the new newts - look forward to more pics and updates!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000