The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 What size Viv for Feanor?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 28/01/2012 : 16:38:03
I think Fea is ready to move up to a new home, now or very soon..he's 29" now, so longer than his faun. He is showing every sign now of wanting to roost on a branch, but impossible in the faun.

Do you think i'd get away with moving him to a 48" Viv?

Then I could add branches, roots and orchid substrate :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 28/01/2012 : 17:43:34
I would say 4 foot would more than be enough, I have Sanke in a 3 foot by 2 foot vivarium and she looks so tiny in there (even though she is as long as it is wide). My original plan was for her to move up into the 6 foot by 2 foot vivarium when she was an adult but to be honest I dont think she'll be big enough for it (pause to day dream about a carpet python). Anyway, I think with lots of branches for climbing and foliage for cover and general sneakage, a few hides on the ground then you would have no problem with a 4 footer. You can always try, if it doesn't work you only have to buy a small vivarium and then buy a new bigger snake (stops again to dream of carpet pythons) so either way is good lol.

JanieW Posted - 28/01/2012 : 17:27:22
I'll have to get Fea to the vet to be sexed..the guy in the shop tried but Fea tensed so he couldn't be sure.

I found this vid of a Mexican Boa on YouTube :) Not brilliant and I can't really tell its size
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOjq9JYUaY
GMac Posted - 28/01/2012 : 17:01:14
would suggest you find out the sex, its important with boas. There is a difference between 6-7 and 8-9 ft ;) although have never heard of a mexican common boa though (although possibly Sonoran dwarf). sizes above are for common boas. I do suggest you look into this all the same is better being prepared and know about the species you own
JanieW Posted - 28/01/2012 : 16:59:16
Thanks GMac

Yeah I think that is the best way to go..altho lol i'm not sure if Fea is male or female, or even expected adult size..all I know is that I bought him as a Mexican Boa.

Still a 4' viv will last a few years either way ( I hope!LOL)
GMac Posted - 28/01/2012 : 16:45:40
a 4ft would swallow up fea, but dont see any hassles going that route just give loads of cover, also is likely to be the biggest viv you would need so no further uogrades required ;).

orchid substrate make sure you dry it out first though.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000