The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 crested gecko

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimmer7 Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:53:07
Hi got my wife 2 crested geckos ,a little wile back,was told they where 2 females,but now they have grown 1 has turned out to be a male,they are in a 60x45x60 exo Terra viv full of fake plants and plenty of branches.will they be OK together,or should i separate them,i also read somewhere they should be kept in a trio 2 females 1 male.cant find much info on them,so any help welcome.there fed on repashy and crickets 3 times a week.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 13/03/2012 : 21:23:01
Oh yeah people introduce new cresties all the time after quarantine you just do it in a controlled way for a bit, divide the viv with mesh so they are next to each other but not actually able to fight etc, see how they react. Or keep them separate and have them both out the same time.
jimmer7 Posted - 13/03/2012 : 21:07:09
OK cheers for that looks like i need to get new viv then.i was hoping in a biggish viv they would be OK.Can you introduce new animals together or not.
Lotabob Posted - 13/03/2012 : 20:58:00
Until they are adult they will need separating for exactly the same reason as juvenile snakes, early breeding, egg binding, death etc. The girly cresties are quite good at fending off naughty males but repeated attempts may cause stress and tail loss too. Best for them if they are saperate, put them together when/if you want eggs.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000