The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Striking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DISCOVERAYL17 Posted - 15/03/2012 : 09:11:13
Hi everyone, I've had my corn snake from 3 months old and is now 3 years old, It is the most perfect snake ...eating, shedding, temperament. BUT just this week it has bitten my son and attempted to bite me, it is even trying to strike through the glass. Is this the time of year when breeding would take place and maybe making it tetchy? If so how long will it stay like that. Thanks for reading Ray
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/03/2012 : 20:16:09
Well, that as well, very possible but last year my then almost 2 year old girls astonished me with their unruly behaviour, before I sussed out what all the performance was about.

Atm Spider's 'on heat' - round and round and round and round - sadly I'm trying not to have them out too much with mite scare and Molly the new cat muscling in on the action; thinks they're toys. I expect Spooky to follow suit soon. Buffy's the most aggressive - a tail rattler, but I can still handle her. Saffy's just angelic, and so far, apart from Cy fasting for a while recently, the younger ones haven't been much bother.

But never underestimate a lovesick corn
Lotabob Posted - 15/03/2012 : 19:22:31
I smell a shed on its way. (possibly, corns are generally very placid)
n/a Posted - 15/03/2012 : 11:45:00
Hi, yes I have several adult corns, all female so far as I know - and they are a PAIN at this time of year lol.

They don't bite, but they are restless, inconsolable, sometimes off their food ...can't really blame them I suppose, as they're longing to roam off and get mated, poor lasses.

In my experience this 'personality change' doesn't last too long (although I have heard reports of it going on for weeks; luckily mine never have.) So I can't predict just how long your corn will stay like this, but rest assured, it is temporary, unless there is some other cause such as illness, but I wouldn't mind betting that it is as you say, the mating season. While the snake's like this, it's a good idea to be extra vigilant about viv doors as they're escapologists when in that state.

Good luck and hope it doesn't last too long and that snakey's back to its usual self soon.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/03/2012 : 09:36:52
Hey Ray, goodluck getting your answer.
You might have better luck over on our sister site http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk though :D

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000