The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 How can you lose a Boa..in a viv?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 15/03/2012 : 21:50:09
I had Fea out for awhile tonight, put him back in his viv..he wasn't eager and kept his head out for ages. Eventually he headed off so I switched the light out and left him. Doors are closed, but just went back to see where he went and no sign of him. I checked the log hides, the vine, branches and I can't see him anywhere.

Here's for a sleepless night..
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
austin_89 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 22:45:15
He's got his plant, he's got quite a bit in his viv... It was only the once and I put on here about it, everyone just said its probably because he didn't wanna be out or something like that but since then he's been a bit off not hissed or tried having me or even been defensive just unsettled and nervous.
JanieW Posted - 16/03/2012 : 22:12:33
That would worry the hell outta me if either Slinky or Fea started striking for no apparent reason. Hopefully a bath will help, can't really think of anything else you can do, hmm unless giving back that plant would help.
austin_89 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:41:20
Yeah he did but he's eaten every week for the past 3 but they were smaller items (advised to try this to get him to feed) i left him alone for a bit cause he took a strike at me when he was out so i just put him back, his skin looks a little dull but he's looked like this for about 2 weeks now... I just get a little worried, im gonna give him a little bath tomorrow i think in case he is a little dehydrated but i cant think what else could be causing him to be a bit moody
JanieW Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:33:54
Yeah but Rob, I do, I try that and he wraps once on my wrist and he uses that to slingshot back to that damn vine. So then I take his neck and head him towards the opening..he twists like a corkscrew and I usually ease back cos i'm afraid i'll stretch him.
JanieW Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:30:25
I wonder why he's altered so much recently..he went on a fast didn't he?
Could be the breeding season?

Its a shame if I do remove his vine, he loves stretching out on it..and today is the first day I couldn't get him..he really did everything to avoid me..cept hiss and strike.
Its that tail of his, when I think he's clear, I discover the tip of his tail has coiled around something thin half a dozen times! lol
Lotabob Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:29:25
Haha you're just too soft on him, I find unwinding snakes off things easier if you wind them onto something else like your wristonce so much is on they decide the new thing to grip is better. Get hold of them and then work their body free with the other hand as they come loose wind onto your hand. Its great fun. I know what BATS means about excavating Royals out, Duke has to have his viv demolished to get to him.
austin_89 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:17:06
I would! Lol when i first brought Kane i got him im out a plant thingy and he used to lay in it so getting him out was a pain! Just as id untangled one bit he would wrap around it a bit more!!

Erm i used to get him out for a about 15-20 mins everyday (apart from the 48hr gap after eating) then moved it to every other day for longer than 20 mins, the longest he's ever been out was 45 mins because he was having a good old explore and even a swim. But the past 2 weeks I've not really got him out cause he seems really stroppy, he doesn't really move about much when he is out and really shy's away when i remove his hide, he'd normally just lay there waiting to be picked up.
JanieW Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:04:32
LOL Austin he is..then I start thinking that maybe I hurt him trying to lift him from the vine, he corkscrews then climbs the glass to get out on top of the viv.
But then I reckon if he'd been injured he couldn't hide out of sight.
I am tempted to strip that viv of all vegetation and roots lol but won't..not yet anyway.

How often do you get Kane out?
n/a Posted - 16/03/2012 : 21:01:28
quote:
Originally posted by austin_89

Aww bless him... Unless I get him out I never see Kane lately it worries me...

He sounds like a right awkward sod, why don't you just keep it out? Lol might be easier?

No need to worry - that's royals. I scarcely ever see my four unless I excavate them out of their vivs.
austin_89 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 20:55:52
Aww bless him... Unless I get him out I never see Kane lately it worries me...

He sounds like a right awkward sod, why don't you just keep it out? Lol might be easier?
JanieW Posted - 16/03/2012 : 20:47:35
well yes, then today was gonna feed him, but he hung on to his vine tightly. I tried again later but he got down on the floor and hugging the far wall, behind obstacles hid behind a giant mango root and hasn't shown a whisker since!
I think he's going into shed, so that might be why, but I am a little worried. *sighs* tomorrow i'll take everything out to check him..that root is a pain, weighs 3kg
austin_89 Posted - 16/03/2012 : 20:32:09
Has he come out yet?
n/a Posted - 15/03/2012 : 22:36:42
Look. Snakes are shape-shifters and I firmly believe are capable of becoming invisible when it suits them.

I lost a carpet (admittedly a very small carpet) in a comparatively stark viv this afternoon.

Oh boy was I sweating - until she took pity on me, and manifested herself in an area that I'd been closely scrutinising.

Snakes have a warped sense of humour ...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000