The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Was not expecting this when I came in! (pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayde Posted - 30/03/2012 : 22:31:17
So Alan was due to shed, fed yesterday like a charm as usual, and had cleared up, so knew it was going to happen in these next few days.
Came home from work for the afternoon off, around, 1:20 and came in to this.

In through the mouth of shed skin.

Through the body.

Stop to see who's watching me.

Nearly all the way to the end of the tail.

At this point, I thought I'd better help him, so cut the tip of his tail off ( hate destroying his perfect one piece sheds )

All free!

And the final outcome.. all free and back to looking normal
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Meadow Posted - 15/04/2012 : 21:04:40
Great pics! I did a double take at first, thinking I was seeing things and that surely, no, he can't have just gone back in, but he really had!! Fab that you caught it on camera! Thanks for sharing
Jayde Posted - 31/03/2012 : 13:35:21
Thanks BATS, I must say, I'm very pleased with how he is retaining his lovely colours, and hasn't started to get the white speckling around through his pattern
I think this is his way of telling me he wants his bigger viv!!
Been putting it off until the bank holiday so that I've got time to deck it out nicely and sort all the wiring, as well as finding an appropriately sized table or unit for him to sit on!
n/a Posted - 31/03/2012 : 12:33:12
Ha - sorry Jayde - I reckon my brain went to bed before I did last night - I just didn't realise he'd doubled back on himself and crawled back into his shed ...silly boy lol!

I've known a corn snake get into another snake's shed, but Alan takes the biscuit! He looks very nice after all his efforts though.
Jayde Posted - 31/03/2012 : 12:05:16
He is probably the silliest of my collection. Once he'd got himself into the tail, he just turned and sat looking at me as if to say "Well.. Are you going to help or what?" haha
chrisc Posted - 31/03/2012 : 00:10:52
haha idiot snake. that first pic is brilliant, looks like a see through snake is eating your corn
Lotabob Posted - 30/03/2012 : 23:34:04
What a daft snake, should have plugged the end of the tail piece into the mouth see how long it would have gone round and round for.
n/a Posted - 30/03/2012 : 22:45:26
Awww - so coooool!

I've seen this so many times myself - and just never get tired of it - it's magical. Last time was with Saffy, who feeds in a separate rub ...she ignored her mouse and just set to and shed. I held her in my hand to give her something to shed against; she's very laid back and just got to work - I felt so privileged.

Marvellous pics of Alan!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000