The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 First Feed Refused

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 05/04/2012 : 13:05:06
Refused feed, not by my Royal, neither my Boa..nope its the Corn snake.

I weighed him..only 7g which seems very light..we brought him home 5 days ago with a pinkie in his belly so I know he has been feeding.

He refused to even look at it the tub, so now he and the mouse are in his cool hide where he favours and is using it as a pillow.

Any ideas?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:35:41
You've seen Hal, he is smaller than a worm so I am allowed to comment. FACT!

JanieW Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:29:32
Will do Austin he was definately rubbing and scratching his sides.

Aww Rob!! Poor liddle baby ...how could you!! LOL Meanie
Lotabob Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:24:01
quote:
Originally posted by JanieW

Thanks Bats

I'll leave him until Monday then try again, he's just a little tiddler, if you caught him on a fishing line you'd throw im back lol

He would be the bait not the catch, lol.
austin_89 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 15:14:12
Our butter did that so we put her back and ten mins later she shed and a couple weeks later the snow started rubbing her head on the bed and shed a couple of days later so keep an eye out
JanieW Posted - 05/04/2012 : 14:20:55
Thanks Austin,

He might be getting ready for a shed, his eyes are clear but when hubby was holding him, he rubs his head on the back of his hand and rubs around his watch.
No sign of mites so not that :)
austin_89 Posted - 05/04/2012 : 13:56:29
My girlfriends snow corn refused food for 3 weeks with us before she took a fluff and hasnt stop since, well apart from when she was shedding.

All the best with him I saw the pics of him and he's lovely, looks about the size of my sisters carolina, you can barely feel her when you have hold of her.
JanieW Posted - 05/04/2012 : 13:51:28
Thanks Bats

I'll leave him until Monday then try again, he's just a little tiddler, if you caught him on a fishing line you'd throw im back lol
n/a Posted - 05/04/2012 : 13:48:02
He's just settling in. If he doesn't take the mouse, leave him 5-7 days and try him again. It's very rare to find a reluctant feeder among the corns. I have known it happen, but once they start, they usually never stop. I've never weighed a hatchling but 7g doesn't sound bad - they're such tiny little bootlaces.

Bet you he'll be fine - all the best with him.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000