The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Baby Corn still not eating..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 09/04/2012 : 23:08:59
Tonight we tried again, hubby took him out to offer the pinkie mouse, he did show interest when it was walked to and fro but didn't strike.
Steve brained it with a needle, still he wouldn't eat so I put him back in his airtight food tub (loads of holes punched)and placed the mouse just by the entrance.
He's active, so not weakened, tomorrow i'll phone the store where I bought him for advice. I know he eats as I have his records, plus he had a mouse in his belly when we brought him home.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 09/04/2012 : 23:52:54
overlapped aswell
chrisc Posted - 09/04/2012 : 23:51:51
he will eat once hes settled just keep an eye on his weight.
when i brain them i use scisors or a knife a puncture from the top of the head into the mouth making a fairly big hole.
are you leaving it in his rub overnight?
Lotabob Posted - 09/04/2012 : 23:49:33
STOP STRESSING OUT

Its only a few weeks, gone by, they can take a few weeks to settle but that is totally normal. You just need to leave him to settle in, that means no handling Mrs Janie! Then he may not be a strike feeder, I know my corn wasn't you had to put him in A cricket tub, with the pinkie and just leave him to it, sometimes took a while for him to eat but once they get settled and confident around you they'll strike from across the room like a black & white javelin.

OVERLAPPED WITH BATS, message is the same lol.
n/a Posted - 09/04/2012 : 23:49:22
Again it's not too long for him to go. Perhaps at his next feed, could be a good idea to leave him in situ and just place the mouse at the mouth of his hide, maybe cover his box up too so that he's completely dark and private.

All the best with him - I'm sure he'll eat soon, once he's settled.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000