The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Get a load of this ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 15:28:01
Never heard of these before -

http://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/livestock/snakes/9632150004495

and a better image -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xQUwjnqUt8

It's only the fact that that snake at BL is wild caught that is deterring me from buying (no offence meant to BL but don't like to think of wc snakes having to live a confined life - unless they're lazy royals of course.)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 22:12:24
Ah, that was my feeling - so unless a cb can be obtained, best not to keep these as pets or buy these guys if they're wild caught and encourage the wc trade. Hope that little guy gets a good home though ...
chrisc Posted - 12/04/2012 : 20:08:59
stunning snakes did read some stuff about them a while ago, sure i read that a some people in the uk have managed to breed them.
also read if i remember right that wc ones can be difficult to keep alive due to parasites, traveling over here an not adapting very well to being captive
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 19:03:51
They sound fabulous ...but pity they have to be wild-caught ... imo you'd need to provide a huge enclosure, appropriately furnished, or have a good zoo facility, for this sort of critter in captivity.
jhk2005 Posted - 12/04/2012 : 18:57:11
I was lucky to see one in the flesh years ago bats, and words cannot describe how truly amazing they are...

Imagine the coloured reflective swirls oil makes in water on a bright sunny day and that gives you an idea of how gorgeous sunbeams are ; pictures on the net/books really don't do them justice. If you ever get the chance, go see on in person - I was 15 and I can still remember it clear as day now 20 years later
reptiledanny Posted - 12/04/2012 : 18:06:06
it will be wild caught because if i remember correctly sunbeam snakes dont breed well in captivity, so the chances of finding of a cb or ch are 1 in a million

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000