The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Crested geckos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vinny Posted - 15/04/2012 : 22:37:47
Hi,

Me n the mrs have a spare tank wich we want to find a resident for, and have decided we want a crestie (or 2 maybe)

Does anyone know of any breeders in the southwest of uk at all, I have done various searches on google but the only ones I can find are hundreds of miles away and I'm not too keen on using couriers for livestock (it just doesn't seem right)

Also I read conflicting information on keeping a pair of cresties together some say no problems some say can fight etc....
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jimmer7 Posted - 16/04/2012 : 20:39:07
yeh the male chased the female around until she bit him on the tail,the vet i seen works at Bristol zoo and she advised me to keep them apart,unless i want to breed them,and the only put them together for a short time,.The vet said if i wanted to keep a group it should be 2-3 females to 1 male and then he got plenty to keep him occupied but you need a tall terrarium.i keep mine in 2 exo terra glass vivs 60x45x60 with light hood
Vinny Posted - 16/04/2012 : 20:13:45
Was this due to aggression problems?
jimmer7 Posted - 16/04/2012 : 20:01:21
HI got my wife 2 crested geckos after being told they were both females ,3mths later turned out to be male and a female.and had to separate them.
Vinny Posted - 16/04/2012 : 07:23:57
Ok thanks.
Lotabob Posted - 16/04/2012 : 00:13:30
It is recommended that you house them separately and introduce them gradually, they may be fine together. When they are little they are difficult to sex so I'd house these separately until they can be sexed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000