The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Update on my baby Corn :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 26/04/2012 : 13:17:05
I know I havn't been here for awhile, but probable bad news :(

As I said a couple of weeks ago, Casper refused to eat, so after I phoned Bernie's pets where I bought all my snakes, he said to take him back so he could get him feeding.

That was last week, and Andrew doesn't think he'll survive the night..he thinks its something internal.

Anyway he has offered to either refund or let me choose another. Its a shame but looking back he was always extremely docile and was never found in warm side.

I'll let you know when I get more news.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 26/04/2012 : 22:39:08
Thanks guys,

Its strange tho, I know he did eat as he had a mouse in his belly when I brought him home..6 mths old.
I will call again in the morning, I do hope he's ok but today I was told he was in a bad way :{
I know this sounds uncaring but I am glad that I took him back to the shop..its bad enough knowing but I couldn't bear watching.
chrisc Posted - 26/04/2012 : 17:02:37
sorry to hear this, hope the little fella pulls through
n/a Posted - 26/04/2012 : 16:32:30
Sadly it's also just an example of how wasteful nature is. Snakes (in common with many other creatures) lay a lot of eggs/ give birth to huge numbers of hatchlings because not all are expected to survive ...in the wild this would be natural wastage/part of the food chain. Under domestic pet conditions these little ones MAY survive - or not, but sadly their human owners become very attached to them and it's a heartbreaking experience if, despite every care, the little one doesn't thrive.

Again all the best. x
Lotabob Posted - 26/04/2012 : 16:23:49
Aww poor Casper. It is unfortunately quite common with high clutch rates and inbreeeding to get genetic and birth defects. I hope they can fix him up for you.
n/a Posted - 26/04/2012 : 15:41:00
Wondered why you hadn't been on - very sorry to hear about Casper.

All the very best with the little guy - fingers crossed. x
austin_89 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 14:09:45
I'll keep everything crossed for ya though. I really hope hes ok.

JanieW Posted - 26/04/2012 : 13:53:44
Thanks Austin,

Its possible, the vet is seeing him again today, but Andrew doesn't expect him to survive the night so must be pretty bad.
He said to call first thing.
austin_89 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 13:48:19
Aww Janie I'm so sorry to hear that, from what I've been told internal problems are common in young corns. It killed my first corn

Is there any chance he will make it?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000