The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Is This The Viv needed for a Beauty Snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 30/04/2012 : 08:14:18
Trust me to get a snake that's likely to cost a small fortune lol

They need lots of space, and love to climb so would this be the best for him later on?

http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/vivariums-416/vivexotic-arboreal-vivariums--1493/vivexotic-ax48-vivarium-ellmau-beech-281667.html
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blackskull Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:57:04
well it will be a couple of weeks before i move cilla in to it as i still need to find branches to go in the viv for her so plenty of time to tweak it. the plan is to run a ceramic bulb along with the AHS due to the size of the viv and the temp our house gets to during the winter
JanieW Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:50:50
I am happy with the heater, but i warn you..it was a pain to get to a decent temp. Sometimes Fea loves to lounge underneath it :)
blackskull Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:36:28
cheers, its not arrived yet was just forward thinking as the vivs arrived today, only put the ex 48 roughly together and un packed the ax 48 to check was all there. hopefully my order from surrey pet supplies will arrive before the weekend so i can get them up and running
JanieW Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:30:58
I just asked Steve and he said he cut the plug off and rewired it to feed the cable through. Having said that if you can see screws holding the plug together, then its not sealed, and you can remove the wires with no cutting.
I hope that helps :)
blackskull Posted - 01/05/2012 : 20:25:41
quick question about the ahs

is the plug a sealed one or can it be removed? so i could take plug off feed the lead through hole and re wire it
JanieW Posted - 01/05/2012 : 10:01:11
Thanks for all your replies :)

He won't need it for awhile yet, his next move He has a small branch in his faun, unused as yet but then I only got him Saturday, but he does swith ends which i'm pleased about.will be to Fea's old faun once Slinky gets his viv.

Fea is in a 55" vivotec with an ahs microclimate like you have blackskull, he shed well last night so that works fine :)

So Slinky is next for a house move lol..then Ra but he's only 6mths old so better start saving.

Gonna post the monthly photo shoot of them all later, so far only got Gimli and Fea shots sorted lmao
reptiledanny Posted - 01/05/2012 : 09:47:13
yes beauty snakes like to climb, but its whatever you wnat to give them wise. a beauty snake would be happy in a 4x2x2 viv as that does give some height to climb in. it also depends on the snake. yours may spend all its time on the floor, or all its time in the branches. see how she settles and where she prefers and go from there
blackskull Posted - 30/04/2012 : 18:01:04
we also bought an ex48 for norma, paid 99 for it and gone up to 117.38 today

going to be fun heating the ax48, i bought an ahs microclimate 500w heater as well to in the ax so hopefully shouldn't have too much trouble
n/a Posted - 30/04/2012 : 17:54:17
Good god that's iniquitous!

Last week I bought Sulah a lx48 from the same company (Glad I did if they're raising prices like that!) but when I saw that arboreal viv I thought, Sulah would like that!

I know nothing about TBS but imagine any climbing snake would appreciate that viv and TBS can get pretty big. I'd always rather get a bigger viv than a smaller if I had the space and cash.

Congrats Blackskull on the bargain!
blackskull Posted - 30/04/2012 : 17:47:04
couldn't tell you if its the right one for a beauty snake but i just ordered the same viv last night for the jungle carpet python from value vivariums, was going to send you the link but just looked at it again and its gone up to 256.36. i paid 199 for it last night so lucky i ordered it last night

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000