The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Fish don't have hiccups!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/04/2012 : 17:44:14
Weather loach are amazing. Mine are currently 6-7" long, rather like speckled eels with whiskery faces and soulful expressions - and coarse habits.

Their name comes from the fact that, when stormy weather is on the way, barometric pressure affects the loach's swim bladder and it careers madly about the tank, swooping up to the surface and down again in a burst of bubbles. Surplus air, says Google, is 'emitted from the anus.'

In other words, weather loach fart.

They have other odd habits too; they lie immobile in the fake foliage like a dead fish, or prop themselves on their pectoral fins and gaze at you. Today I noticed Hawkeye, senior loach, in the corner of the tank, loafing (or loaching) in typical laid back style.

Then he twitched, and farted copiously. As the bubbles shot to the surface of the water he bounced several times on the gravel, mouth agape, like a dog barking. Hiccups!

Fish don't have hiccups?????

I swear he did.

Stormy weather ...
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/05/2012 : 11:22:35
Lol - that's cute - mine didn't have names until I got chatting to Mystra about her WL, the Lieutenant, and I thought that was such a cool name. For some reason I remembered M*A*S*H, with Hawkeye and Hotlips, and realised those were ideal names for my two, to continue the military theme.

It must have been meant, for a good while later, Mystra needed a home for the Lieutenant and he came to me ...Hotlips was smitten and instantly started flirting with him and smooching round him, the tart, but now they all coil round each other and shoal together.
BlueDragon Posted - 02/05/2012 : 08:18:28
I love Weather Loaches : 3

I've had three in the past when I kept Goldfish. Their names were Dog The First, Dog The Second and Dog The Third. I called the first one Dog 'cause he was always perching himself up on his Castle by his pectorial fins, as you say your's do BATS. He looked like the tanks guard dog! So from there grew a tradition, to call all weather Loaches Dog.

Mine farted loads as well 0_0 Used to frighten the other fish X )
n/a Posted - 01/05/2012 : 15:48:12
Lol Mystra, I reckon it's what in the '60s we used to call 'a gas'!

Eww, Bob, that's true - you know that's one thing I dislike about fish. Weather loach are quite discreet in this matter, but some fish are so breathtakingly beautiful and graceful ...and float lazily about with a great string of crud dangling underneath them ...Spoils the image somewhat ...

And something to remember when syphoning the tank during a water change ...barf!
Lotabob Posted - 30/04/2012 : 23:51:50
Well at least it wasn't diarrhoea.
mystra Posted - 30/04/2012 : 21:38:59
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Lol - I know - gales are forecast for this area in the next couple of days ...]

All 3 loach are pretty lively - loads of action in the tank!

oooh defo a storm brewing! Both outside and in the tank haha :P
n/a Posted - 30/04/2012 : 21:36:23
Lol - I know - gales are forecast for this area in the next couple of days ...]

All 3 loach are pretty lively - loads of action in the tank!
mystra Posted - 30/04/2012 : 21:00:30
hahah!!! farting and hiccups!

Poor Hawkeye's got it coming out both ends poor lad!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000