The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 My Fishy World...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:06:27
So after all the stress of a Columnaris outbreak just a month after I got my first fish I thought peeps might like to see the fish now everyone all well and better?

I'll post the most up-to-date photos when I can get time, but for now here's some I made earier...

The tank looked like this the first week it was set up:

The photos look quite dark, but they have an Aquaglow bulb so it's just the way the camera makes it look.
And it looks red just 'cause they don't have a background at the minuet (waiting for the right one to come back in at the petshop) and my walls are red. It's not the colour of the water X )

This is what it more or less looks like now:

From left to right that's Jappy, Sunny, Lemon, Geisha, Gem (I think) and Micky near the gravel)
The net was just there untill I was sure Sunny was OK. It's out again now.

OK, and now some of the fish.
I didn't get to take a photo of my little Mouse, but these are some of the better photos I have of what Bluey looked like:

He's the little blue-ish one. He was a lovely iridecent blue/purple colour. He shon and changed colour in the light.

Here's some of my Sunny boy:

And we couldn't leave out randy Lemon ; )
Here he is with little Gem, the smallest female:

I have some more photos of him that I'll put up soon.

The Platy girls:
This is Micky (so called 'cause she's a Micky Mouse Platy):

And this is Jappy ('cause she's black and red):

And the Guppy girls:
Panda

Flame

Gem and Geisha are in one of the top photos. I'll get some better ones though : )

...Oh!
And a snail ; )
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 11/05/2012 : 08:16:11
Thank you everyone : )

Yes, I know to expect babies! I was sold four male Guppies and one turned out to be a girl. That was Gem. So that's why I ended up with more females, so the males would have enough to go around.
I'm pretty sure Gem is pregnant (All round and has a big black gravid spot), but she's taking her time giving birth. I know they're pregnant for about a month but I've had her about that long. Can't be that long now, surely? She's spending a lot of time in the plants now, picking the bits off them and keeping them tidy. So maybe that's a sign.
And Geisha may or may not be pregnant too. Not sure yet though.

I have some more photos of everyone and I'll put them up too when I get time. I got a funny one of Lemon doing his dance ; )
JB2012 Posted - 10/05/2012 : 23:01:35

Aha, the cause of the stress!!

They look lovely Blue, very colourful!

Laws Posted - 10/05/2012 : 12:45:09
lovely! we kept a tank with guppies and named over 30 of them as we tried to keep all different coloured ones . expect some babies! thats always fun too , we had to buy a seperate tank to keep them all in its was a big long one and we seperated it into three mini tanks , its was always full of different sized littles ones , and then when big enough our pet shop would have them off us :)
n/a Posted - 10/05/2012 : 11:19:51
Cool setup, fish and pics - hope it's plain sailing from now on.
BlueDragon Posted - 10/05/2012 : 10:18:38
Some more of daft randy Lemon and his girlfriend Geisha:

Lovey Dovey:

And one with Lemon and Micky:

And Lemon and Panda:

And Lemon with Sunny:

I called him Lemon 'cause of his colours, but also 'cause he acts like a right lemon X )

He makes me laugh : )

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000