The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Hoggie available from my usual rep shop

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 18/05/2012 : 12:06:47
Its a baby, but twice I asked if I could hold him, but twice was told 'not a good idea as he'll be holding you' it bites lol Andrew said its greed, he is a gutty lil sod lol is he best left in the shop?

I could probably get him for £50..its him that kinda put me off hoggies and when you look at him in his tub..he's there looking to get out.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 19/05/2012 : 22:09:03
There are some very tasty hoggies on there indeed
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2012 : 22:05:48
Wowza that white one is stunning, not at all an ugly snake.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 19/05/2012 : 21:48:31
Oh yes :)

The place that seems to be leading the way is

www.Extremehogs.com
Some very nice morphs he's got

The wife's two extreme albinos mum and dad came from Justin (imported buy hogboy)
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2012 : 21:38:37
There are lots of morphs coming through, BHB seem to be working a lot of these.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:53:02
there's one in dna reptiles
Well there was 3 weeks ago
The wife likes the toffee belly and pink pastels
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:50:06
Its likely, I LOVE the anerytheristic ones but they just aren't over here yet.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:41:50
housies are cool and believe they have a great feeding response
and don't have a turned up snout lol

I did think they looking very funny when the wife said she wants one of these snakes
I admire them for there guts to take on something very bigger than them with there bluffs as to say run away big man

One day hey we may see one from yourself lol ;)
You never know what will come along
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:33:43
No I'm afraid I saw a certain little Albino Housie and he won me over big time. I only have room for 4 snakes so my snake quota is full now.

They are cute, I certainly am more fond of them after the initial shock of seeing their faces.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:17:14
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Hoggies are all bluff and bravado, yes they may confuse hands for food every now and again but hoggies aren't known for aggressive/defensive bites, look how awkward it is for them to bite in a feeding response (points to that silly nose on the picture higher up), there is a reason they head butt rather than bite, their nose is in the way lol. You know you want little Simon Trowel and we all cant wait to hear your stories of calming it down.

Silly nose bob tut tut lol

So bob the wife told me you signed up to a certain site
And say you may be getting a hog
Still in the pipe line then ? ;)

I'd say hoggie as well but I'm bias
mystra Posted - 19/05/2012 : 20:02:24
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

You know you want little Simon Trowel and we all cant wait to hear your stories of calming it down.

hahahah best name ever XD

and yes +1 vote for the hoggy... it's meant to be! he might be a naughty one but he probably just needs a home and some patience :)
Lotabob Posted - 19/05/2012 : 19:41:24
Hoggies are all bluff and bravado, yes they may confuse hands for food every now and again but hoggies aren't known for aggressive/defensive bites, look how awkward it is for them to bite in a feeding response (points to that silly nose on the picture higher up), there is a reason they head butt rather than bite, their nose is in the way lol. You know you want little Simon Trowel and we all cant wait to hear your stories of calming it down.
n/a Posted - 19/05/2012 : 17:50:15
He sounds just the same as Ziska, who was on the website for months, and who the shop warned me about!

True she's a different breed but she makes a terrible fuss when she comes out ...then goes to sleep in my sweater for hours. I've had loads of headbutts off her but only two nips - once on feeding day when I moved a piece of bark, and once when I was showing her to a visitor and pointed out how she swelled her throat when hissing. My fault on both occasions.

Hoggies are well-known for being full of bluff, as are pits.

As long as he's feeding well (you don't want any more worries about feeding) I reckon he'll tame down with some individual attention.
JanieW Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:59:43
Andrew said he'd improved when I called yesterday..but I think they avoid him LOL
chrisc Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:40:22
if hes a bit feisty like you say hes probarbly not handled much in the shop.
take some thin gloves with you, im sure after a few weeks of handling he will calm down an get used to you
JanieW Posted - 19/05/2012 : 14:04:07
I know the Rat snake is a softy, I held him, the hoggy he advised not to hold.
I'd love both, but I know that would cause friction with hubby, so have to be one.

Maybe the hoggy..he has been a temptation way back when we got Slinky.
chrisc Posted - 19/05/2012 : 13:59:10
to be honest its up to you which you get, personally i would probarbly end with both.
the hoggy could become a right softie once you get him home an on the other hand the rat snake could become a git you never know.
i would go to the shop ah handle both of them a couple of times an then make your decision
JanieW Posted - 19/05/2012 : 11:28:14
Alright, which is best for frequent handling?

Everglades Rat Snake
Hognose

Both are babies and the Everglade is the rep stop owner's favourite in the whole store.

I need to decide as i'll have to change my viv order if I go with the Everglade.
chrisc Posted - 19/05/2012 : 09:58:49
william has gone once a week ish since i got him, really hope he never goes on me id be soaked an still have adult boa poo to look forward to
JanieW Posted - 19/05/2012 : 09:51:31
Fea doesn't seem to go very often, Slinky more so but usually on me!! lol
chrisc Posted - 19/05/2012 : 09:48:50
with living at home its a space problem for me.
my lot get handled a few times a week for 10-20 minutes but their all fed on different days so theres always something to handle.
got to strip out an clean williams viv today as he had a massive wee last night

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000