The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 corn snake help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carlb1981 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 07:47:40
I picked up my new cornsnake yesterday and put her in a faun id getting as a snake starter kit the temp fluctuates a bit when stat turns mat on and off between 27 and 32 at hot end is this ok or would changing the stat probe from under substrate in faun to under faun on mat reduce this fluctuation? and where's best for temp probe under or on substrate? And is it normal for them to bury themselves under substrate as she's been there since yesterday afternoon?
Any help would be great thanks
Carl

oh and any name suggestions for a female snow corn fire away lol
I'll start with lumi it means snow in Finnish and is the name of the snow queen in fable
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 17/06/2012 : 13:12:55
yes once shes settled an feeling safe she should start to come out more
carlb1981 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 12:42:37
Well lumi it is :-) will she start to come out more once settled or have i just bought a burrower lol its a nightmare finding her in a faun without lifting it up to look at bottom or taking lid off completely which id rather not do or will kitchen roll be a better idea?
carlb1981 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 13:17:45
Seems pointless having 2 hides when she's chose to just bury herself nowhere near them lol yeah i quite like lumi too but its not set in stone just yet :-)
n/a Posted - 16/06/2012 : 12:34:51
Oh, Lumi is pretty. All my corns have ended up with 'corny' American names but I do like unusual names. There's also 'Moti' or 'Chandi' which are Hindi for 'pearl' and 'silver', Jasmine, after the flower, or 'Luna' for the moon. But I think 'Lumi' is great.

Yes, corns love to burrow - and hatchlings can get where water can't - I too have had mad panics thinking I've lost one and it's been peacefully curled up in the viv like a tiny shoelace, totally invisible lol. Your setup sounds fine.
chrisc Posted - 16/06/2012 : 12:31:13
it is setup just right then
carlb1981 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 12:17:53
Yes it is a microclimate mat stat
chrisc Posted - 16/06/2012 : 11:47:37
yes its normal for them to hide under the substrate.
are you using an microclimate matstat? if so then that temp fluctuation is normal, my microclimate matstats are setup to the same temps as you are getting

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000