The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Any advice on a Bosc Monitor?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 04/07/2012 : 17:59:33
I am tempted, my local rep shop has 3 babies..not sure lol
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:40:52
Exactly why I don't think I have the time to spend Danny, it wouldn't be fair on the lizard..or my babies here.
Fund wise, the yacht eats all and more spare cash.
JanieW Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:38:31
I have to spend time with Gimli, had him out tonight, but was trying to type a letter and he started messing about lol
reptiledanny Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:37:59
boscs are alot of work. they take up alot of time, alot of money, and alot of space.
they need roughly a good 8 foot viv, with alot of heat. they need a very thick layer of substrate to dig in, roughly about a foot-2 foot, and take up alot of time like has been said to keep them tame.
the amount they eat as well is huge, so carries a large bill along with it aswell (unless you set up large colonies)
chrisc Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:35:42
you could look at ackies, bit like minature bosc's
JanieW Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:31:36
I would love one, but realisticly not sure it'd work. They enjoy being out to be with people, but I could only offer that in the lounge, and that's where my Staffy is. I also have Popeye my African Grey.
I think they are best kept in a house with no other pets, I would devote to it, but really with 5 snakes, Bert and Popeye not sure it'd be possible :(
chrisc Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:15:19
bosc's are awesome but as said they need a bit of work to get tame an they eat loads.
a friend has a stupidly tame one that comes to his reptile shows, when you rock him like a baby he goes to sleep on your shoulder
Lotabob Posted - 04/07/2012 : 22:06:41
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I want to see it grow :D

Stare at it and you will see it grow. lol. The ones in the local reptile shop were doubling in size every few weeks.
Kelfezond Posted - 04/07/2012 : 21:48:43
Very cool, we looked at them along with some Tegu's when we were building the vivarium, we toyed with the idea of having it split in height and having two 7'6'' x 2'6'' vivs instead, eventually went with the big boa viv but they look very fun. As bob says they need a hell of a lot of time and attention, almost like dogs :/

Edit: However, get one- as I want to see it grow :D
Lotabob Posted - 04/07/2012 : 21:40:23
They need VAST amounts of room and are flighty, fighty and bitey as little ones but you have to get them tame or they will kick your ass when they get bigger. They are impressive beasties though.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000