The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Worried about Fea Tonight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 15/07/2012 : 01:31:05
Firstly, he had a perfect shed yesterday, but today he has been under his ground level hide all day, which is unusual for him as he spends everyday on his shelf.

Then when Steve took him out tonight, he was lethargic..even for him. His belly scales seem to catch if touched the wrong way and he's paler..but that could be his being freshly shed.

He could still grip my arm tightly and when I offered him his rat, he struck instantly and coiled around 3 times. Took no time at all to swallow.
Now he's back in that hide.

Could be that he seems so slow as we have handled all the babies today, and even Slinky is fast in comparison.

I just thought i'd post for some reassurance :)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 15/07/2012 : 15:19:01
Sounds just like snakey behaviour to me, I find the only thing I can expect from my snakes is that they do things I dont expect. I lost Sanke two days ago, Just could not see her anywhere she likes her warm hide best so is normally found in there, I was gearing up opening up the viv to find her when I spotted a tongue flick, she was laying perfectly straight along the front of the vivarium, I was looking straight over her lol.
Kelfezond Posted - 15/07/2012 : 09:01:32
I get the same scale problems with Pandora all the time, hers catch if they move even slightly off direction.
boomslang Posted - 15/07/2012 : 03:06:24
belly scales will and do move out as such,if you run your hand the opposite way to the way they run.

He's eaten and grips well,maybe he felt like a change in position tonight.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000