The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Reptiles and exotics for sale/re-homing
 baby male royal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keira Posted - 10/02/2011 : 23:56:11
hi all
i have a male normal baby royal that we are thinking of letting go. he is an assist feeder even though the guy i bought him off said he wasnt. only letting go as need the room.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
keira Posted - 13/04/2011 : 00:02:40
hi all
im really sorry i havnt answered but not been on computer sor a while. ok the male royal has gone now the female is staying for now. but do have a hognose for sale
Laws Posted - 25/03/2011 : 13:16:06
hey stumpy i may have to pop down there! havent been down there since i was a kid! lol
stumpy Posted - 25/03/2011 : 10:31:48
Hi yes it is by Cotwell End Nature reserve, but it not called this any more cant remember what it is now, havent been down this year, I know they have no royals at the moment called them last week. Good Luck
n/a Posted - 24/03/2011 : 10:40:35
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

* burnedathestake thanks so much for ur help so far both in my welcome note and on here . we were worried about buying from someone as we wouldnt kno if they really were good feeders or being sold because they werent feeding rite . they sound fairly complicated little things huh ? but both me and the other half are fascinated by them and would def love one , lots more things to consider tho . so u would reccomend a grown on one for the first then? x

LOL - owning a royal is like riding a bicycle - seems daunting at first but you soon get used to it.

I know what you mean about buying from strangers - I'm always dead nervous myself, especially as I'm a recluse and hate speaking to anyone face to face. (I end up talking to the snake, which kind of surprises people, I think!)

I think I've been lucky where Preloved has been concerned - all the sellers I've met have been genuine.

I wouldn't really recommend any particular age of snake - my first royal came as a hatchling; the others as adults. Feeding can't really be 'guaranteed' in a royal - a change of home can cause a fast (although from reading on this forum, most owners seem to find that the royal eats straight away, no problems.) And in winter/spring an adult royal's appetite can be chancy because of the mating season, so can't be predicted by its seller.

At the moment there are more adult royals for sale than hatchlings; later in the year - Jun/Jul onwards, there will be a lot of hatchlings. Many of the present preloved adverts seem to run along the lines of, 'my teenage son's snake, he's lost interest, snake and setup for such and such' ...these can be real bargains, especially if the viv has been nicely set up and properly equipped before the lad got sidetracked by courting, university etc. It can be a good way to a acquire a pet royal.

Obviously there are crooks about, and badly neglected snakes, as Wendigo's and Sandi's experiences of buying a secondhand snake attest.

As to shops - many of the hatchlings for sale in shops in summer are captive farmed ie hatched from eggs harvested in the wild in Africa and imported. There's a good thread on here about cf, started by Strawb. I bought Shahi as a cf hatchling, without realising fully what cf meant. He's absolutely beautiful, but you might like to know more about cf before you decide.

Some shops will 'guarantee' a snake as to feeding/condition, which often means that they will replace a non-feeder. Some shops are very good, others dreadful - there is a thread by Squiggy, 'Devastated' on this.

Hope I haven't put you off entirely, by the way. I honestly have had very good experiences myself (touch wood) of buying secondhand.

Could be a good idea to start your own thread in this section, saying which area you live in, and seeing if anyone can recommend a good breeder or knows of a snake for sale?

Hope this helps, and many apologies, Keira, for hijacking your thread.

All the best, and all the best Keira too, with your little one.
Laws Posted - 24/03/2011 : 00:23:15
* burnedathestake thanks so much for ur help so far both in my welcome note and on here . we were worried about buying from someone as we wouldnt kno if they really were good feeders or being sold because they werent feeding rite . they sound fairly complicated little things huh ? but both me and the other half are fascinated by them and would def love one , lots more things to consider tho . so u would reccomend a grown on one for the first then? x
Laws Posted - 24/03/2011 : 00:19:17
i kno gospel end road , is it down by the farm?x
stumpy Posted - 23/03/2011 : 19:11:18
Hi Proteus is off Gospel End Road the side of the nature reserve. 01902 674876, hope this helps.
n/a Posted - 23/03/2011 : 17:08:17
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

any luck selling them? by assist feeding what do u mean? that may sound lame i kno . we are after a male royal see x

Hi, Laws, sorry to jump in just like this, but for your first royal you might be better off with a more willing feeder.

Some hatchling snakes just never feed, and die, some may survive by force-feeding - that is, being held and having the rodent eased down their gullet, and others will tolerate assist feeding, which is similar to force feeding, but in their case, they have to be held, and the rodent slipped between their lips, but then the feeding response kicks in, and they grip and coil and take the food down for themselves. Sometimes this isn't too stressful a procedure, sometimes it's otherwise; owners reports differ.

Sometimes these snakes go on to feed naturally but it's not guaranteed, and for a first royal it's a lot to take on. Could be a good idea to watch the feeding videos on here and see a willing feeder striking, and also google videos on youtube of assist feeders.

While I'm posting, if you haven't looked on Preloved, there are a lot of royals on there, especially if you don't mind taking on an adult - I got my 2 girls via preloved, and my latest corn, and am very pleased with them, very good value too. And later this year there will be a lot of hatchlings, everywhere.

All the best with your search.
hiper2009 Posted - 23/03/2011 : 13:52:13
Hi there , I am very intrested of both of the male and female and can meet you I'm from Leicester so not to far would you acept £60 for both ? Also I have done force and assist feed for one of my boa's before so know how stressful it can be and will be happy to take on these two for a better life.
If you want to sell to me can you email me my address is in my profile.

Regards Ash.
Laws Posted - 23/03/2011 : 13:25:05
i live close to sedgley where abouts is it? x
stumpy Posted - 23/03/2011 : 12:37:26
I'm sorry to hear you have to sell. I think you will find Proteus has moved to Sedgley about 5 miles out of Dudley, not sure whether they collect could give you a number if required.
Laws Posted - 22/03/2011 : 23:10:00
any luck selling them? by assist feeding what do u mean? that may sound lame i kno . we are after a male royal see x
keira Posted - 27/02/2011 : 00:09:41
hi
yes thanks for that, slade road is birmingham reptile and pets shop. proteus is in brum i just cant remember where at the moment i have been there though very helpful
blackskull Posted - 26/02/2011 : 22:03:02
hi the gf is from brum and said if u are stuck and can't sell your snakes there was a place on slade rd called proteus who might be able to take them but she is not sure if they are still there as we are in somerset
keira Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:07:20
hi all
my family life has just taken a turn i am having to seriously consider letting some of my collection go, i have this boy ill take £25 for him i may also have to sell the female to this one too also assist fed but both do eat well
keira Posted - 14/02/2011 : 00:32:40
if people are interested please let me know where you are as i may be able to meet up
Lancelot Posted - 12/02/2011 : 12:49:19
i would be interested but i'm to far away also
judi678 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 20:53:32
i'm in notts
Kelfezond Posted - 11/02/2011 : 20:44:09
Where abouts are you Judi?
judi678 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 20:05:17
hi keira,

thanks for that, unfortunately a little too far away for me

hope you find the little chap a good home

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000