The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Reptiles and exotics for sale/re-homing
 Sold

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cobra111 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 13:22:17
Hi
I have a royal python for sale who has just turned 2. Think she may be female due to size although have not had sexed. She is great at handling and we have had no problems in the 2yrs with her feeding or shedding. feeds once a week med/lrge rat dependent on size.
We have decided with heavy heart that she is better off away from us as our cats have now decided she is not scary and even though she is up high they are getting on her viv and tapping the glass which as you can imagine must scare the hell out of her.
She comes with Vivexotic (lx36) 36x15x16 4mth old viv,2 heat mats,bowl,chippings,greenery,log hide,2 rough branches that she uses to help shed and some vines.Also smaller plastic tank.
Will not ship so pick up only Newcastle upon tyne.

Will try and post pic later.

offers around £100 for lot
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 04/09/2011 : 19:58:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Goodluck with the sale, use the money to buy a boa constrcitor, cat problem solved hehehe

Haha that would do it alright.
Kelfezond Posted - 04/09/2011 : 16:54:18
Goodluck with the sale, use the money to buy a boa constrcitor, cat problem solved hehehe
cobra111 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 16:19:11
No we have tried perservearing but our cats our stubborn sods! been 2 months or so now and she does not seem to be settling with them and they are not listening.We do not have anywhere else to place her all the places we have tried the flippin cats get up (and one of them is old lady). But when they do it as soon as they get on the top she tenses to strike then even when we shoo them down she is striking the glass. They are locked out the room when Syd is out and she doesn't mind the dog or even one of the cats ( i have 3), but these two and her just do not get on which after 2yrs is unusual.
Thanks for the advice though but it is not something we decided within a few times of happening we have give it as much time as possible in hopes we could find a work around.

Sam x
macquirie Posted - 03/09/2011 : 21:37:38

Hi,I'm with BATS on this, it really does depend on your Snakes response to the cats!! 23 years ago when I got my first Royal I had a cat who was about 7 years old, she was very curious about the snake and started sitting on the viv,tapping the glass etc one day she got close to the glass and Joe struck out, she never went near again!!!

Warmest Wishes

John
n/a Posted - 03/09/2011 : 16:05:46
Sorry you have to sell the snake and sorry this post isn't directly concerned with the sale - but what is the snake's response to the cats? I have cats, and one of them can be a devil for batting on the viv glass, but the snake's response seems to be one of mutual interest. (I AM very vigilant!) The snakes eat well and don't seem fazed by the cats at all. But it does depend on the individual snake and cat of course. All the best.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000