The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 stacks, mats and ceramics????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiggy Posted - 29/08/2012 : 21:04:21
Just curious to ask you guys with the stacks....To all intents and purposes, I have read, and been advised, that overhead heat is a main requirement for healthy happy Royals, yet it seems that the normal set up for stack set-ups is mats under rubs! Erm, I may be a little slow here, but can anyone clear the position here? CAN you keep happy Royals on mats or what???? Just a wee bit puzzled!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 05/09/2012 : 21:18:20
using a rack with mats i find that the snakes are actually warmer when getting them out than when i used bulbs
blackskull Posted - 29/08/2012 : 21:16:51
but the room you keep them in needs to be around 26c as the ambient temp is important. using a heat mat wont give you the correct cold end temp if its a cold room as mats are contact heaters. well thats my understanding of it
blackskull Posted - 29/08/2012 : 21:11:06
you can keep royals on mats in rubs as long as the mat is on the outside of the rub. this way the snake doesn't come into contact with the mat and the weight of the snake wont cause thermal blocking

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000