The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Rack Heating questions UK.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Totalturnaround Posted - 12/11/2012 : 22:45:25
Hi all,
I have plans to build a rack to house Royals. I have plenty of Rack ideas but am totally confused when it comes to the best way to heat the rack.
I have looked at lots of UTH but a lot of products seem to be from the States and not avaialable here in the UK ?
I would like to keep the heat mats nice and tidy but have not found any heat mat strips that can be cut to length and wired in series or parallel for the rack in this country ?
Is the only way to go "Separate Mats" for each shelf ? and would each mat need to have its own stat ? or are there Thermostats made specifically that can run multi-mats keeping wiring and plugs down to a minimum ?
My main concern is that the room temp drops down to 68-70 degrees in the night.
i would like to breed at some point in the future but at the moment this is not a concern. my main concern is a small rack to house up to 4 BP's.
If i was to put additional heat/mats on the back of the rack and have only the front of the rack "Open" would this help raise the "Ambient" temperature within the rack ? To help with the night time temp drop ?
At the moment our Royal is in a 33l rub with one heatmat and stat and the temps are 75-78 cool end 91 at the hot end.
Our Royal is 15 months old and seems to have settled in really nicely. he's already shed and is feeding really well.
The next Royal we buy will probably be young so the rack if possible will have one 33l rub and another shelf with say smaller 9L rubs ?
Would this type of idea work ? and what would you guys advise for heating it correctly ?

Thanks

paul

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Totalturnaround Posted - 13/11/2012 : 22:26:33
Thanks DBM cool i'll have a look cheers !
Evolution Morphs Posted - 12/11/2012 : 23:14:56
Habistat Pulse stats
Habistat heat mats 35"x11" for the 50l rubs
And 35"x6" for the 5l/9l rubs

Depending on how many levels you have on the rack put the probe on the middle heat mat (make sure it's very secure)
2-4 mat plugs into a 3-4 way multi plug thingy put in the stat
And use a ir temp gun to see if all rubs are holding the right temp
Over 24 hours

If you want a plug and play rack I can recommend

www.Euroracks.co
Good racks and Derek's a great guy :)
Totalturnaround Posted - 12/11/2012 : 23:06:16
Thanks dbm much appreciated. What stat + mat manufacturers would you advise and how would you wire it ?

Cheers

paul
Evolution Morphs Posted - 12/11/2012 : 22:51:44
If you build your rack to hold 2 x 33l rubs on each level
You will have the choice of having 3 x 9l rubs on that level instead of 3 x 33l

Currently there's no heat stripes in the uk where you can cut and join together
You can run 2-4 mats of the same brand and wattage off of one thermostat with easy

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000