The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Vivarium pimping

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lindstrom Posted - 27/11/2012 : 21:35:43
Awhile a go I posted saying how cold it was getting and that my exo terra glass terrarium was not keeping Rambo very warm and how I was thinking of getting a wood vivarium to combat this, well a lot has changed since then.

I acquired a 90x40x40 wooden vivarium for free from a friend moving house, I saved up and bought a large exo terra background, a rock aquarium background, lots of plastic plants, a larger hide, bark tree trunk, Easter island head, ahs heater and my favourite a REMOTE CONTROL led strip lighting system with 15 colors, brightness control and color transitions.
Here are the pictures.

I may need to post a video on how cool the lighting is, if you want to know how to get the whole lighting system for £15 let me know.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lindstrom Posted - 04/12/2012 : 14:17:13
I've been oko with that so far he tends to do it on his own door step :s the head was from apace in Cornwall called trago mills, it's a big shopping store but you can get them everywhere, I was also thinking of a big wooden budda but they're very expensive :/
jonnyc1988 Posted - 01/12/2012 : 12:31:49
Wheres the easter island head from? thats cool. Very nice set up, looks like a lot of stuff to clean though. I just spent ages last night scrubbing snake poo off a fake skull. Not much fun lol. Think its worse when they get it all over the plastic plants. Nightmare!!!!
Lindstrom Posted - 28/11/2012 : 20:51:03
Cheers, yeah I carved out a square near the ahs so there is a small gap inbetween the only thing touching the heater is the aquarium poster background to which it is screwed in to. Another feature of the ahs is that it has a sensor that trips the power if the case gets too hot like a fail safe, also stop any burns to Rambo not that I've seen him really go near it.
acd1984 Posted - 28/11/2012 : 20:35:57
Just a friendly warning, snakes love to go behind the background (or mine do anyway), just make sure that the background cant touch the heater and set fire to it.

im sure it wont but better safe than sorry :)

we had a background touch the bulb guard and although there was no fire the background melted a little where it came into contact
Lindstrom Posted - 28/11/2012 : 18:23:40
Haha even though I could I dont put the disco setting on when he is is there, maybe for Christmas lol, you could put an ahs in an exo terra but it would be on all the time because glass is a rubbish insulator and the screen top wouldn't help even if it was covered. I think it's 200w I put the probe hanging down into the centre of the viv because its a more of an ambient temp heater I have thermometers on both sides with a hydrometer also. Temps range between 26-31 humidity I try to keep about 60% but he is in shed so I spray once a day to go from 80-55.
boomslang Posted - 28/11/2012 : 10:55:17
That ahs heater wouldn't heat an exo terra?what wattage is it?Also might want to place the probe on the floor of the viv.So the temp is taken from floor lvl,not in the middle halfway up the viv.
Fezza Posted - 28/11/2012 : 10:36:30
Great work!

Thats a hell of a difference
chrisc Posted - 28/11/2012 : 10:20:44
very nice setup
rockroyal Posted - 28/11/2012 : 10:11:30
Looks really good does snakey enjoy its disco lights though??? All snakey needs now is a turn table so he/she can bust some beats lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000