The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 heat cable and tape

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 09/04/2013 : 12:32:35
I'm in the process of converting a small unused bookcase to hold about 30 takeaway tubs . But I'm confused on the heat tape side of it . I know you route the shelves , then pop some reflective tape in the channel . But I have had mixed responses re sticking tape over the top of the cable too as apparently it will "burn my house down "
can any of you guys share your experiences and thoughts ? Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonoandapril Posted - 10/04/2013 : 21:41:05
iv just got it in the grooves on mine, works fine like that. id have thought putting the tape over as well would stop the heat spreading and cause a hot spot type of scinario.
Laws Posted - 09/04/2013 : 23:39:30
so kelf , have u just got in in the grooves and either side of the cable ? or over it too ?
Kelfezond Posted - 09/04/2013 : 21:41:43
I've had another guy mention putting the tape over the cable before as well, I don't know who is spreading that advice but it's certainly not what I did and all my racks work fine.
Foremand Posted - 09/04/2013 : 20:00:52
The Ali tape absorbs the heat and just displaces it over a larger area. I believe. Not 100% I hope someone can correct me of so

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000