The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 aquarium sealant

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:01:12
Hello everyone, any idea if 310ml of aquarium sealant would be enough to seal a 3x2x2 viv? Asking on behalf of a friend
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:23:49
Flippin heck! I only use quarter of a tube on a huge viv!
markmifsud Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:23:25
I did a 48 x 18 x 18 with a 78g tube, this included a bead on all mating surfaces
n/a Posted - 18/04/2011 : 20:20:15
In case no-one's used this stuff before, the fumes are VILE - boiling vinegar with a whiff of sulphur.

Open all windows and keep snakes well out of the way - I had to wait a good few hours, even with open window and bathroom fan on, before Shahi could come back into his viv next to the new stack.
reptiledanny Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:41:16
that makes me feel better lol, was guna get some this week, and was wondering how much i would need to do a 2ft and 3ft viv
Kelfezond Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:37:41
Lol he said ''but it's tiny, unless it expands when it comes out the tube?'' and then raged about it costing him 22 quid
n/a Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:36:40
Lol - you're kidding!
Kelfezond Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:10:42
I can imagine hehe thanks alot im sure he'll be happy to know that now thats he's bought 3 tubes, hahahaha
n/a Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:07:43
Ample lol!

I have just used a 310ml tube to seal 6 x 3' vivs and there's a bit left over. Just round the floors and a couple of inches up the side joints, in case I want to take the roofs off and fiddle with decor/electrics - and the object of the exercise was to contain any mess and stop leakages.

Also there was much wastage, due to my being the messiest person in the world at this job and dangerous with a caulking gun...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000