The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 viv stack

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:48:47

ok so i wanted to ask , i want to get a viv stack for our lot , i can get a custom made one , but obv it would all be in one unit so i dont kno if this would be hard to move . its that or buy individual ones . any thoughts or opinions ? what type of stacks have u got ? any pro's and cons to either ?
this is a mock pic i drew on microsoft paint on my laptop of what i want the finished thing to look like , i got a price of 200 custom made .

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MarkSue Posted - 09/10/2011 : 18:54:51
Iv just spotted this so i might be to late, but i made mine from an old wardrobe.

Not bad for my first effort. Im Going to build a 4 stack over winter
Laws Posted - 07/08/2011 : 20:35:59
Its for dwarf boas and two corns , haven't got a royal anymore
STICKS Posted - 07/08/2011 : 20:17:07
Hi there Laws nice plan i agree with K i have the same prob but you are like me royals and boas, boas will have to go in 5x2x2 min and they are heavey to move and thats to big for a royal max 3x2x2 just a thought.
n/a Posted - 07/08/2011 : 18:03:59
Erm, what's an X box?

Hey, then you could get a tv cabinet with castors to go underneath. The plan is cool by the way, and you could get the wood cut to measure at B&Q - I think Sandi and Lotabob are knowledgeable about this.

ps that isn't an escapee next to the green F10 spray, it's just Woody the chinese jointed snake!
Laws Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:53:26
Hehe , we just can't decide whether to do it singularly or just stack them . Was gonna see if I got the custom made one to have wheels too so we can move it round . I'm quite proud of my paint shop viv picture haha !
Kelfezond Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:40:37
... Is that an x box?
n/a Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:39:26
Oh, and please disregard the nasty thermometer strip on Missy's viv ...that was the first viv I ever bought, and didn't know any better ...

I really am pleased with the flatpack vivs - everything just bolted together and as soon as I learned the knack with the window tracking - cool!

ps I'm basing price on 3' vivs - couldn't see measurements on your plan, but the 4' vivexotics are pretty reasonable too. I think delivery would be £5 approx.
n/a Posted - 07/08/2011 : 17:36:23
Hi - mine (3' vivexotic lx) were £48.50 each, as I recall - and they might have been a bit cheaper from our old friends Surrey Pet Supplies. VERY easy to put together. So...that's £150 or less for the three vivs.

If you want a cabinet beneath (DOES make life easier, bending down to floor level vivs is a bit fiddly) I can recommend the beech TV cabinets from Argos, 1m wide, £40 each ...erm, bit fiddlier than vivs to assemble imo, but you've got Sarah to help lol.

This is Ziska's 5' viv on top of 2 tv cabinets, Shiloh and Missy atop Ziska, nothing's collapsed yet - touch wood!

Kelfezond Posted - 07/08/2011 : 16:57:38
I have a custom made one, it's horrible to move and stupidly heavy i'd recommend getting ones you can seperate

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000