The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Attaching vines

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jonnyc1988 Posted - 27/01/2012 : 11:51:39
My royal has taken to perching on the wire going across the top of his viv to his LED lights, ive tacked these down to stop him as I was worried he might pull the lights down or damage the cable. I am going to get some of those fake vines instead for him to sit on, but i wasnt sure how you attach them to the viv securely enough so that they will support his weight, im sure an experienced viv-decorater will be able to tell me. I have a wooden viv. thanks, jonny.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 27/01/2012 : 14:44:54
I use this aquarium glue But only to stick on really annoying things, mainly things with suckers etc.

Tried these JmL stick on hooks,that on the ad claimed to be able to lift a battleship without falling of etc,Day later they all fell of.

n/a Posted - 27/01/2012 : 13:28:53
Hi, I use screw eyes (fiver a packet of 25 from B&Q) for everything. I even use them to attach bulb guards as they're easier to undo and refasten by hand - and no sharp edges either.

You need to pierce or drill a small pilot hole at first - then they just screw in.

Here is Shiva, demonstrating.
jonnyc1988 Posted - 27/01/2012 : 12:17:47
Ah right that should work, yeah i dont mind screwing into the wood. I drilled through the bottom of my viv to screw my big log in so it doesnt fall over.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 27/01/2012 : 12:03:06
dont know if your willing to screw stuff into your wood but you could cable tie the fake plants down with these ??
http://www.screwfix.com/p/screw-eye-12ga-x-55mm-pack-of-10/17867

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000