The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Rack

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scott da bot Posted - 20/02/2012 : 10:34:00
I've been researching Racks lately and to be honest I've been blown away by the price so I thought I would build one instead and well lets just say I'm NOT DIY DAD more like NO CAN DO dad so to say the least my rack building skills are utter crap.
Then I saw that someone had used an Ikea Wardrobe frame.
To be perfectly honest I cannot stand going in Ikea I hate it with a vengence,but i manned up and went and had a look.
And I have to say it's perfect for me and as I only have 2 snakes at the moment I can just add shelves to it as my collection grows,and the real bonus is the Mrs likes the look of it.
So if your looking for an easy and cheap way of building a rack check out the Pax Komplement Wardrobes in Ikea.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scott da bot Posted - 20/02/2012 : 15:09:53
just waiting for my pulse thermostat and then i'll get a few pictures up
n/a Posted - 20/02/2012 : 13:28:25
That's a brilliant idea - although like you I hate ikea and couldn't be induced to set foot in the place. Been once, 13 years ago. Never again.

Also a piece of furniture like that will fit in with modern decor and be a feature anywhere in the house - a good way to get your snakes allowed into the living room lol.

I can also suggest an alternative for cheap gits like myself. Many charity shops, like Scope, have secondhand furniture warehouses. Haunt them for a week or two and with luck you may find what you need, very cheaply, and if needs be they'll deliver it, again cheaply.

It won't look as gorgeous as the converted Ikea wardrobe, but it will serve its purpose.

Look forward to pics of the Ikea rack, Scott
jbarlow91 Posted - 20/02/2012 : 12:56:20
That's a good idea and a good excuse to get more snakes lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000