The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 splashing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kelfezond Posted - 27/04/2012 : 17:27:40
So i'm building a nice big 7.5ft vivarium for pandora. I've decided since she spends a lot of time in and around her water bowl i'll make her a nice big one with a water feature and a big rock to bask on after her bath.

Only now i've started looking at various water features i'm stuck between two ideas either having a waterfall or having a pump draw water into a higher box and having that box overflow onto some rock and slowly trickle down into the water bowl. Personally i'd prefer the waterfall since it's easier and cheaper but I was worried the splashing might put the snake off, any ideas?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/04/2012 : 21:23:26
That sounds just like my indoor water feature - only mine was even smaller.

I had the thing sat in a large tray of plants, something like at least 2'x18" - and it managed to spatter water beyond, everywhere ...
reptilemadd Posted - 30/04/2012 : 21:09:07
Hi mate, I was in a local store the other day and came across something that was called a table top fountain, which was only the height of a can of beer so it didn't look as though it would splash a lot it looked like a stone ball sat in a planter and the water was fed up through it, so something that size might be ideal to small to splash but big enough to circulate the water..
n/a Posted - 30/04/2012 : 14:24:26
Sounds gorgeous. I don't think the splashing would put the snake off - my lot seem to love my pond in the summer. That is, pond with fountain and smaller sink with water feature thingy.

Just before he dived in lol.

However, having had an indoor water feature, I can't believe how far the smallest and most tranquil fountain (well, not so much a fountain as a burble lol) can spatter - you might like to watch out for this and guard against any nasty moist corners.

Good luck with the viv-building.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000