The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Astroturf and the use of it

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Longdog13 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 00:51:32
Righ folks, I was just wondering if anybody out there uses AstroTurf in the bottom and or walls of their vivariums?
I have found a carpeting shop recently Who is selling off cuts at a really really good price. I am currently building two fitted vivs joined end to end using a ready made space under my worktop in my cellar/rep room.
The work top as the roof and brick walls making the other sides.
The question being, is it ok to use AstroTurf as a substrate/ viv flooring with a heat mat and or a heat bulb?
Thank you in advance.
Ld
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Longdog13 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 13:07:39
quote:
Originally posted by Jayde

I've got a couple of strips that I use from timeto time in the vivs if my lot when I fancy a change up. I've never found anything wrong with it. Easy enough to disinfect and dry if the defecat on it, and not a bother if you have a few bits that you swap it over with if it does happen. I don't use it as a whole floor cover though, and I've yet to use it in an adult setup for mine with ceramic heaters, so I'm not sure how it would do say if used under the lamp, especially as mine have eithet been used on the cool side or near the front of the viv, but I guess that's something you could trial with a heat source outside of the viv, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cause any problems

I should think that it will be ok, as in it's intended use it is subject to high summer heats and uv exposure. I'm almost done now, I'm just waiting for the paint to dry now!!
I have the frame sorted and the runners ready to go, so all I need next is the glass. Money is my determining factor of the build. I have my plated lizard and blue tongued skink for sale to help with the cost.
I'll try and get some pics up soon.
Thanks for reading,
Keith
Jayde Posted - 21/05/2012 : 12:02:53
I've got a couple of strips that I use from timeto time in the vivs if my lot when I fancy a change up. I've never found anything wrong with it. Easy enough to disinfect and dry if the defecat on it, and not a bother if you have a few bits that you swap it over with if it does happen. I don't use it as a whole floor cover though, and I've yet to use it in an adult setup for mine with ceramic heaters, so I'm not sure how it would do say if used under the lamp, especially as mine have eithet been used on the cool side or near the front of the viv, but I guess that's something you could trial with a heat source outside of the viv, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cause any problems

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000