The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 Update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fezza Posted - 03/06/2012 : 17:44:19
Bit of a tease........

.......but here is rub rack build phase two

The new occupants will be arriving in a few weeks, after the mother of all reptile road trips

Also if anyone's interested, here's how my humidifier setup looks

I can put together a little "how to" if anyone wants one. As I've said before I'm guessing over all cost was £40-45 for a 5 litre humidifier
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Foxysausage Posted - 06/06/2012 : 08:43:32
Interested in the humidifier, do they have a sensor or a 'setting' for humidity? I'm spraying all the time and moss doesn't seem to cut it.
Fezza Posted - 05/06/2012 : 07:56:51
I'll get on it after work today
Danno91 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 21:20:48
Thank you I really would appreciate it ;:)
Fezza Posted - 04/06/2012 : 14:52:05
I'll try and scan it onto the pc, then send it via pm as a PDF
Danno91 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 14:16:30
quote:
Originally posted by Fezza

If you'd like, I've got the cutting list and plan I could send over to you. Don't mind doing a quick build guide either. There's nothing fancy, just screws and wood. I'm pretty much a DIY dipstick and just make it up as I go along Lol

Each level is from a single sheet of 8x4' and can hold upto a 50l rub easily. £15-20 from B&Q plus they cut it for you

that would be great I think what was planing was a little adventurious for my first try anyway, how would you like to send it to me ?
Fezza Posted - 04/06/2012 : 12:49:44
quote:
Originally posted by mattc142

Great bit of DIY mate. Racks look great. And the large viv with the humidifyer is awsome. Whats going in the viv if ya dont mind me askin. Trying to covert an old chest of draws into a viv my self then on to racks. So ill be pickin your brain in the future if ya dont mind lol

Cheers mate,

Yeah just let me know if you want any advice. The big viv is for my Columbian rainbow boa. She's been in there for a few years now but the humidifier is a new addition.

I'm keeping quiet about what's going in the rubs
mattc142 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 09:30:36
Great bit of DIY mate. Racks look great. And the large viv with the humidifyer is awsome. Whats going in the viv if ya dont mind me askin. Trying to covert an old chest of draws into a viv my self then on to racks. So ill be pickin your brain in the future if ya dont mind lol
Fezza Posted - 04/06/2012 : 08:12:26
If you'd like, I've got the cutting list and plan I could send over to you. Don't mind doing a quick build guide either. There's nothing fancy, just screws and wood. I'm pretty much a DIY dipstick and just make it up as I go along Lol

Each level is from a single sheet of 8x4' and can hold upto a 50l rub easily. £15-20 from B&Q plus they cut it for you
Danno91 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 22:31:24
I've never used mats or cables lol I currently use vivs but at the rate in going I will have to convert to rubs soon, I have been looking at building my own stack got as far as homebase who didnt have big enough pieces if wood, so in currently back to the drawing stages,

Your stack looks very tidy I hope your new arrivals like thier new homes :D
Fezza Posted - 03/06/2012 : 20:23:31
35x11" mats, each with their own stat and a temp/hydro probe in each tub. Cables would have been cheaper but
a) I haven't used cables before, I have a fear of the unknown
b) I don't have a router to recess the cables into the board

Danno91 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 19:42:58
Are you using mates or heat cable for the heat source in the rack ?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000