The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Shedding while we're away

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andybeta Posted - 24/07/2012 : 22:51:52
I thought Ripley was being a bit reclusive, not leaving his warm hide since his feed on Thursday (I have a small camera with a motion sensor set up, so I knew he'd not been out at night.) I was trying to be patient, bearing in mind we've only had him since the 14th.

I decided to lift the lid and have a quick look at him tonight and sure enough, his eyes are completely blue. I wouldn't worry about this, except we're away for a week on Saturday morning. I've asked a neighbour to come in and check his water daily, but I don't want to have her worry about humidity, retained shed etc. etc.

Bearing in mind he's blue now, will he be OK until next Saturday with minimal care from next door?

My other alternative is to have him boarded at the shop (Emsworth Tropicals) while we're away, but then I'm not keen to disturb him again having moved him in so recently.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
andybeta Posted - 05/08/2012 : 11:23:20
As expected he shed while we were away. The neighbour missed it, as the skin was bunched up in a corner, no harm done though. He looks beautiful, and struck and ate without hesitation last night.

andybeta Posted - 29/07/2012 : 18:34:51
As Lotabob said humidity has been consistently over 60 in the viv. My neighbour is topping up water and misting daily if it's below 60. I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for the reassurances.
Carl Posted - 29/07/2012 : 11:09:07
I'd just pop a big bowl of water under the lamp. I did with mine for her first shed and it was perfect. Nothing retained and she looked great afterwards. That's easy enough for your neighbour to change every couple of days too.
andybeta Posted - 27/07/2012 : 16:54:17
Looks like he's cleared a bit today, and a search shows approx 2 days from clear to shed, so looks like it will happen while we're away. I've briefed next door, and she's happy enough to get involved. Just sad I might miss it all.
Lotabob Posted - 24/07/2012 : 23:12:15
I wouldn't worry about any of it, the humidity in the UK is high as it is so he should shed unaided, any retained shed can always be sorted when you get back but its 60+% humidity after all that rain and now been so warm.
richard v Posted - 24/07/2012 : 23:03:27
As long as you leave some moss in his viv and some proper instructions from your neighbour I'm sure he will be fine. My royal from going blue takes roughly 10 days to shed, so he may don't even shed by the time you get back

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000