The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 growth

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matildasmum Posted - 04/08/2012 : 21:11:11
hi there, wanted to ask a few wee questions,
how quickly can i expect my royal to grow, she is only 3 months old right now so obvoiusly is teeny weeny but at about what age will she be her full size??
thanks very much
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 04/08/2012 : 23:26:53
I'd be surprised if she has almost doubled in length, such is the difficulty of measuring them etc and weight gain is difficult too with an animal that poops so infrequently. We go for what we coin the 'empty weight' just after a poop they get weighed. You can see them growing though when they are little its such a quick process, 2 years ago I got Duke, just under 400 grams, he is now 1.5kg and over 4 foot long, he is a beast, its all part of the fun nurturing them and watching them develop into adult snakes.
matildasmum Posted - 04/08/2012 : 22:45:23
im quite impressed so far with her growth, she has almost doubled in length and has gained almost 20 grams in 2 weeks so im hoping that is ok.
Lotabob Posted - 04/08/2012 : 21:17:31
Takes a couple of years for them to hit an adult size. Around three years old and they shouldn't be getting much bigger but nothing is set in stone, if they are fussy feeders they may take more time to reach their potential. I think also they continue to grow their whole life only very slowly.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000