The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 what is the best substrate to use.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matildasmum Posted - 11/08/2012 : 14:30:54
hi there, sorry i seem to always be asking questions but here we go again with anohter one,
What in your opinion is the best substrate to use for our royals, matilda is currently on newspaper and kitchen towel as we are dealing with mites but she was on aspen before this but im not sure that i like it to be honest, kinda wondered if her mites may have come in on the bedding, not sure but thats a different story, so anyway, best bedding material/substrate,
thanks
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 15/08/2012 : 14:46:11
lol I use Megazorb for my Hoggie..Kritter for Fea my Boa and Slinky is on the expensive one like very fine Aspen..gah forgot the name
acd1984 Posted - 14/08/2012 : 16:32:34
i use kritters crumble too currently

i have used bark and aspen in the past.

for ease of use aspen is the best but if your looking for something that looks nice, in my opinion kritters crumble is the best, bark is good also but requires baking which can get tedious
jimmer7 Posted - 14/08/2012 : 15:55:20
hi i use kritters crumble great stuff
matildasmum Posted - 12/08/2012 : 19:52:36
lol, will keep that in mind, hopefully will arrive soon so we can give it a go once we are sure we are mite free of course, although to be honest i think we are, ive seen no activity at all since i blasted the viv with the steamer lol
mystra Posted - 12/08/2012 : 17:46:02
good choice - megazorb is awesome! it can get a bit messy like Lotabob says but its not as messy as aspen - always gets stuck in your socks!!
matildasmum Posted - 12/08/2012 : 16:07:25
ordered a bag of magazorb, will see how thst goes
Danno91 Posted - 12/08/2012 : 16:00:42
I keep all mine on aspen have done for a while now never had any problems
Lotabob Posted - 12/08/2012 : 00:46:55
I use Megazorb, I can honestly say its awesome. So cheap too. When they mess it up it clumps together like cat litter, and it smells lovely too. Looks a bit like gravel but its soft and light, few issues with it been dragged out of the viv every time I pick up a snake, they hook their tail and trawl a pile of it out but small price to pay.

There are lots of suitable substrates out there though, snakes couldn't care less what they are on so its all up to your personal preference.

Sanke modelling Megazorb

I get my Megazorb here,
http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/products/equine/bedding/wood-pulp-pellets/megazorb-horse-bedding.html
Its delivered and is the cheapest I have found (well technically a member on TCS found it but it is the cheapest)

Fezza Posted - 11/08/2012 : 16:38:02
I've gone with aspen for the royals
matildasmum Posted - 11/08/2012 : 16:09:01
hear a lot about this megazorb stuff, was gonna look into that but for now its newspaper and kitchen roll till we know we are mite free.
boomslang Posted - 11/08/2012 : 15:57:54
it's down to each person,And i guess cost to a point.
matthewsaint Posted - 11/08/2012 : 15:10:13
i just use newspaper as its cheap and easy to clean out :) never used anything else

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000