The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 CC is shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Captain_Cuddles Posted - 14/08/2012 : 02:12:03
Hello,
I posted a post earlier about shedding and sure enough, CC is shedding. He hasn't moved for about 2/3 days. He hasn't fed. He seems really lethargic. He's not moving. He's shoved himself into a corner. Should I be worried at all?
Also he has mites but we've already bought stuff to get rid of them on him and his environment. How would he have gotten them?

Holly.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Captain_Cuddles Posted - 14/08/2012 : 13:17:00
It seems to have worked well, he's a LOT happier. He's eaten a mouse, the mites must have made him grumpy.
I've put up some photos on the photo forum bit, take a look :D
chrisc Posted - 14/08/2012 : 12:10:23
fair enough let us know what its like.
hopefully the mites will be gone
Captain_Cuddles Posted - 14/08/2012 : 11:59:13
Quick update: cleaned out the viv and fiance did the mite stuff, I gave CC a bath in some warm water. CC seemed to love it! Kept, diving under the water, after a few moments took CC out and dried him gently then did the mite stuff for him. Had to boil his wooden log hide (so many mites in it) after that put everything back and he seems a LOT happier now, he's even come out for a drink. Not so sure that he's shedding now, will try to tempt him with a juicy mouse and wait.
Captain_Cuddles Posted - 14/08/2012 : 11:17:50
Well, we've already bought the stuff so obviously we're going to try it out but thank you for this information we'll try it out if the stuff doesn't work!
chrisc Posted - 14/08/2012 : 09:56:08
ive not heard of that insect spray, i would use callingtons or adrap.
strip an hoover the viv and spray with callingtons/adrap and leave for 24hrs then air it out for 4 or more hours.
completly cover the snake in olive oil and leave him in a rub overnight, once the viv is aired out you can put him back.
but wait untill he has shed before using olive oil as the oil makes them go into a shed cycle so could mess up the shed hes already having
Captain_Cuddles Posted - 14/08/2012 : 08:00:23
His eyes have gone blueish/grey and he's not eating, he was going into his water bowl recently up until he decided to stay in the corner.
Using Beaphar Deep Clean Disinfectant for Reptiles (for the viv) and Beaphar Insect Spray for Reptiles (for CC)
chrisc Posted - 14/08/2012 : 06:10:03
is he acctually shedding or have his eyes just gone blue?
what have you bought to get rid of the mites?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000