The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 dare I say it????? PLASTIC VIV (no, not her!!!!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiggy Posted - 16/08/2012 : 02:04:49
Right guys....thought this might catch your immagination! Am expecting various comments on this one. Nuther snake still in back of my mind, I bid for a rather unclearly defined but well reasonable viv on E-Bay.....and won.....but, on picking it up today, it is a Pennine plasti variety in which the outgoing owner had apparently kept a garter snake, heating it by means of a normal 40w bulb. But I had made and won the bid so had to take the consequences. Now my query.....I obviously cant use a ceramic in a plastic tank....or can I? If not....and clean answers here please lads......how else can I keep it heated IF I wanted it for another Royal OR do I consider another species of snake????? Dont all rush!!!!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fezza Posted - 17/08/2012 : 07:37:01
Afaik they come with fittings that allow you to attach the panel to the top inside. You get some spacers etc so that the panel isn't touching the plastic
Tiggy Posted - 17/08/2012 : 00:35:11
Thanks guys. Yeah Fezza.....its sortta wider at the base than the top. How would you attach a heat panel then????
Fezza Posted - 16/08/2012 : 17:48:01
Is it one of those vivs with the sloping front?

If so you may be able to use a Radiant heat panel
Lotabob Posted - 16/08/2012 : 12:34:33
You could use an Infra Red bulb, I'm pretty sure ceramics would quite quickly create their own escape route in a plastic viv. You could go for a smaller bodied snake and then a heat mat would be suitable (you can also use mats for young royals but I'm not entirely clear on the rules of the max size of a royal to a heat mat so I say start as you mean to go on and bulb it) corn snakes are quite happy on heat mats and are available in every colour under the sun apart from green, kings are their feisty cousins or a favourite of mine because they are so titchy even when fully grown is a house snake, they are an interesting addition to a collection (not bias at all ). OR you could venture into the word of legs, and get a small lizard, an anole or something similarly small.
HaydenK Posted - 16/08/2012 : 02:57:20
I would recommend a Dual heat mat hooked up to a thermostat and a digital thermometer to keep the heat checked over. I think that would be enough for the snake.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000