The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 new stat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matildasmum Posted - 16/08/2012 : 19:56:43
Well i think thats us finally got our temps sorted thanks to our new Pulse Proportional Stat, we have a definate gradient now which seems aboiut right, cool end is still a wee tad warm at 78 but we will sort this with more ventiltion, basking spot is about 91 with ever so slight variation but never dropping below 90.5 which i think is pretty good (i hope) so hopefully all will be well now
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 18/08/2012 : 10:57:41
its a shame that they are very good at hiding any problems from us, i was given a beardie a few years ago that had severe MBD but after a fair few visits to the vets an treatment for worms he unfortunatly stopped eating so had to be PTS.
when i first started i caused my rat snake to have an RI as had the stat probe on the wall instead of on the mat so it was basically unstatted and up to about 40c, that was an expencive mistake but luckily he didnt get burnt.
but it sounds like you have everything right with matilda
matildasmum Posted - 18/08/2012 : 09:59:03
yeah it wasnt nice, worst thing was we didnt know what was going on until she began to pass blood, once we saw that was had her put out of her misery, felt really bad as had we have known we wouldve intervened sooner, we just thought she was going into brummation but that was not the case. so we wanna do it right with matilda
chrisc Posted - 16/08/2012 : 20:40:44
that not a nice way to go poor little thing, ive read quite a few bad things about these vapour bulbs especially with tortoise's having very bad eye problems once they have the design sorted and working they will be perfect for reptiles that need uv light.
rayals an many other snakes are extremly hardy so you dont need to worry too much although we all did/do with our first snakes.

yes this is a very good an friendy forum unlike RFUK where you get slated for asking a newbie question, i dont have royals anymore they are with a friend but like this forum an the members so wont be going anywhere
matildasmum Posted - 16/08/2012 : 20:31:50
yeah i think it was, it was a teeny little thing, it was just awful, she basically started to break down from the inside out, was passing blood at the end, we were all devastated and read up loads before purchasing matilda, but i still get worried that we might do something wrong, its like having a new baby lol, just want to get it as right as we can, i know we will make the odd mistake but so ling as its not life threatening we will be fine, this forum is great as its full of so much information and if we dont know something someone here always does, and you have all been so welcoming and super helpful, im really glad we joined, its like an extended family lol, everyone loves their reptiles and will do watever it takes to ensure there wellbeing :)
chrisc Posted - 16/08/2012 : 20:21:53
between 30-33c hot end an a few degrees lower in the cool end is fine for royals long as theres a warm an cold bit their fine.
was that one of those mercury vapor bulbs?
matildasmum Posted - 16/08/2012 : 20:09:58
thank goodness, i want to get it as right as possible, we were utterly devistated earlier last month when our 6.5 year old beardie died, she had been fasting for ages and it turned out was due to wrong lighting, we had replaced her uv light as you have to every so often but bought a compace version which we now know was no use for her, so i dont want to get this wrong with matilda, couldnt cope if we lost another pet due to not having the right temps lighting et .
chrisc Posted - 16/08/2012 : 20:06:00
those temps sound spot on to me

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000