The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 VivExotic Door lock

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Snecklifter Posted - 22/08/2012 : 10:57:21
I have just upgraded to a 3' viv for Trowzer. I have the standard sort of lock on the glass doors, the ones where they screw tight to one pane and the other pane slides over it. You then secure the viv by sliding the lock over the serated extension.

Thing is, my old viv was fine, but this new one (VivExotic) has no 'tolereance' between the two glass doors and a sa result, the doors now have to be lierally prised open with a knife.

Can anyone recommend another type of vivarium lock that would deal with such an issue?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Meadow Posted - 24/08/2012 : 21:41:30
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Who ever takes the key out the lock anyway lol?
ME!! I always take the key out! I wouldn't want my little ones to be tempted to open it without me being there
Carl Posted - 24/08/2012 : 15:30:15
Wedges for me too. Cost me about 60p and is a stack easier than a lock. Who ever takes the key out the lock anyway lol?
Meadow Posted - 24/08/2012 : 09:49:30
I couldn't risk no lock so didn't use wedges (2 little children) but the lock works fine after a bit of bashing to get the kink out
reptilemadd Posted - 23/08/2012 : 17:31:55
I had the same problem and ended up using a school rubber cut into a wedge shape works fine and since I got a pack of 4 rubbers for less than a quid they work out cheap as well :)
coxcats Posted - 23/08/2012 : 11:20:17
I use the plastic wedges too.
markmifsud Posted - 23/08/2012 : 10:46:14
I had a similar problem on one of my 4ft vivs, and as above, I re-jigged the locking bar, but also used emery paper to smooth off the back of the lock as the screws and the lock edge were slightly proud.
carlb1981 Posted - 22/08/2012 : 13:04:12
As above i just straightened the kinks out and its fine on mine
Lotabob Posted - 22/08/2012 : 12:40:12
You can 'bash' the kink out of the locks so they sit more flush. I used to lock all my vivs, now I just use £1 rubber wedges, they dont look as good thats for sure but they do the job of holding the doors closed well. (I still lock the dog level ones though just in case he sniffs and knocks the wedges out his his big clumsy nose).

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000