The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 bitten!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alex Posted - 22/08/2012 : 21:57:32
Ive had monty about a year and a half now, he has never bitten or struck at me until today! I have just been to get him out of his viv the same as always and he darted straight at me and struck and bit my thumb! To be honest it didnt hurt, just made me jump. But my biggest issue is why he went for me as this could be a issue in the future as friends change his bedding and water when im away. There was no defrosting rats and I have no idea what got into him, just hope he isnt going to turn aggresive very often.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jamieaisha1 Posted - 23/08/2012 : 23:09:37
Is he due a poo, chowder went for me the other had so I left him alone and the next day there was a lovely big poo waiting for me and he was fine after that

Lotabob Posted - 23/08/2012 : 21:56:38
Its nothing at all to worry about, every single snake I have has struck at me at one time or another. No matter how long you have had a snake there is always the chance you will take it by surprise, go to pick it up when it wants left alone, smell of food, or it just decides to strike out for no apparent reason. They live very much in the moment and will never be domesticated animals, it is just something you have to accept when keeping them that they will bite, possibly even hold on and spill some of your claret. Just remember their mouths are filthy evidentially, fully disinfect any wounds so you dont get the lurgy.
alex Posted - 23/08/2012 : 21:00:49
Cool thanks every one, it has been about 6 days since his last feed so might be he is just hungry although he was fine tonight. snecklifter I dare say he doesnt like me, but im sure he would have had a bite on me before if he disliked been handled that much!
rockroyal Posted - 23/08/2012 : 10:45:54
quote:
Originally posted by markmifsud

I think he was hungry, biting on your thumb like that sounds more like a feeding response than an attack.

Good point there sounds right to
markmifsud Posted - 23/08/2012 : 10:40:24
I think he was hungry, biting on your thumb like that sounds more like a feeding response than an attack.
rockroyal Posted - 23/08/2012 : 10:22:35
Do the other ones that help out when your not there follow your instructions to the letter do they handle him with care?
Snecklifter Posted - 23/08/2012 : 08:51:58
Maybe he just doesn't like you....
boomslang Posted - 22/08/2012 : 22:57:14
Maybe you just scared him?
alex Posted - 22/08/2012 : 22:12:33
no everything is just the same as normal. As soon as I lifted his hide he came for me though very strange!
Baobab Posted - 22/08/2012 : 22:07:24
I take it nothing has changed in his room recently. No new vibrations, extra foot traffic or smells (air freshener, washing detergents etc). If not maybe you just caught him by surprise. Hopefully just a one off.
Kelfezond Posted - 22/08/2012 : 22:00:23
Very strange, sometimes these things just happen! :O

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000