The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Not shedding .............. but

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dixon Posted - 26/08/2012 : 18:17:49
Hi guys,

My little girl shed two weeks ago but when she was having a wander last night I noticed she was rubbing her face and nose as though she was trying to shed. I have only seen her do this when she sheds and that also applies to my other snakes. Her last shed was perfect and she definately doesn't have any of her old shed on her anywhere. Is this normal for a royal or can anyone come up with any suggestions; I doubt she was rehearsing for next time.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lindstrom Posted - 27/08/2012 : 22:19:03
Mine did this today while I was holding him, against my camera but he did it about 5 times in a row almost looked like a spider head wobble when he did it side to side
coxcats Posted - 27/08/2012 : 12:17:49
This is really bizarre cos Sas was doing it last night too! Although he was using my hand!
Lotabob Posted - 26/08/2012 : 20:26:04
Could be LOTS of different reasons, from something as simple as a tiny bit of substrate in the mouth to realigning their jaw or just nosing at things as they dont have hands its how they feel things.
Dixon Posted - 26/08/2012 : 19:38:28
Hi Kelf, She was rubbing herself against a length of vine but really burying her nose in as though starting a shed off. I guess Andy could be right and it was just an itch!
carlb1981 Posted - 26/08/2012 : 19:27:29
Mine was just doing this tonight while i was handling him he was gripping my hand tight and repeatedly rubbing his face and neck against my hand and he only shed 3 days ago
Kelfezond Posted - 26/08/2012 : 18:49:24
Was she doing it in substrate or against the glass?
AndyJ80 Posted - 26/08/2012 : 18:24:17
itch?

honest thoughts....
1. temperature, is it too hot?
2. humidity
3. size of viv
4. does she have places to hide, climb, etc
5. is she stressed?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000