The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Callingtons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:04:08
So, Boris has a few mites. Im thinking of using Callingtons but when I read about it on the Cornish Crispa Co. website it says it can be harmful to cats. I have 4. :( Any advice please?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxcats Posted - 31/08/2012 : 17:07:27
ok, so I went to my local (rep shop, not pub lol) and ended up getting Ardap. Callingtons was twice the price! Going to read up about using it then give it a go.
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 22:16:46
Sas is currently crawling through my hair so Im glad he hasnt got them!
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 22:13:55
I know what I will be doing on sunday! Have only seen/removed about 6 on Boris so hopefully its not too bad.
blackskull Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:55:04
yeah you will need to treat both, make sure you keep the vivs basic for a few weeks. i also washed all decor and threw it in the freezer for a few days
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:50:05
ok, it will take me ages to clean the viv! I have so much foliage in there it looks like a jungle! Will probably do Sas as well as his viv is right next to Boris'.
blackskull Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:43:27
i removed snake, stripped and cleaned viv, sprayed viv then left for 10 mins before putting snake back in
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:27:37
ah, ok, that sounds good. Do you remove snakey before spraying or leave him in there? Ive read differing opinions and am a bit confused!
blackskull Posted - 30/08/2012 : 21:00:06
we have cats. when i used callingtons i just made sure they were out of the room and kept them out for 24 hours
coxcats Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:33:21
Hahaha, maybe they have cat mites!
Lotabob Posted - 30/08/2012 : 19:29:38
Don't spray your cats! lol.

Sorry had to. I've not heard anything about it been bad for cats so cant really comment to conclusively disprove it but I would think that provided the cats are out of the room until the spray has dried and the fumes disperse then the risk would be the same as using any non commercial insecticide.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000