The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Ardap day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:06:11
So today is Ardap day. Going to get snakeys out and put them in their plastic jobbies. Take everything out and bag it ( seperate bag for each boy) Clean viv with F10 then spray with Ardap. Also might spray the carpet round the vivs. Open all windows and abandon the livingroom! Then I shall bathe snakeys and put them in clean plastic jobbies. Wrap them in something to keep them warm. Take bags of viv stuff into bathroom, open window and spray all stuff, leaving it to dry by itself. Get myself a book and some food then go lay on my bed with snakeys and cats until fumes have gone. Return snakeys with Kitchen roll and their hides. Job done. Hopefully! Have I forgotten anything? And how long should I wait before putting them back?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
coxcats Posted - 13/09/2012 : 18:23:05
oh poo!
Baobab Posted - 13/09/2012 : 18:22:22
If there in the same room or youve handled them both whilst wearing the same clothes or having walkies on the same places, then sas will probably have as well.
Quarantine and cross fingers.
coxcats Posted - 13/09/2012 : 18:14:04
oh blimey! Do I have to do Sas again as well? Not seen any on him or in his viv.
Baobab Posted - 13/09/2012 : 18:12:43
Back to square one. They're relentless little bu@#%&s.
Second times a charm.
coxcats Posted - 13/09/2012 : 18:05:46
I have just found a mite on my arm when holding Boris I have been thoroughly checking his viv every day and saw nothing. What do I do? Apart from use a flame thrower!
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 21:07:49
ok, thanks for that. He licks everything!
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 20:26:44
dought it will be a problem when my mate has treated his vivs the snakes go back in after its dryed an been aired out and doesnt do anything else to the vivs
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 19:24:22
just an afterthought, Sas likes to lick the walls of his viv. Is this ok with the ardap?
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 15:25:16
fingers crossed your free of mites before long
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 15:11:38
Ive stuck a hot water bottle between them. Now Im the cold one! lol
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 12:43:32
no problem, yes adrap can be leathal to snakes if its not aired out properly.
my friend treats his vivs with adrap, callingtons and frontline when he has mites theres no way they are surviving that lot.

long as the room they are in is no lower that 26 or 27c they will be fine overnight
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 12:21:33
ok thanks for that. Didnt realise I would have to keep them out of their vivs that long. Might have to put the heating on to keep them warm!
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 12:07:28
not too many then.
personally i would completly cover him with olive oil to drown the mites off, you can leave this on or bath him after an hour or so to remove it.

if you just bath him hold his head still and using a cotton bud put a big drop of water over the eye so it sits there as the mites will hide behind the eyes and with them covered in water the mites will climb out to try an find air then you can wipe them off
coxcats Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:56:01
only about 6 on Boris, none on Sas
chrisc Posted - 02/09/2012 : 11:54:34
with adrap you need to leave the viv for 24 hours then open the doors an air out for a good 4-6 hours.
are there a lot of mites on the snake/snakes?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000